Thread: router/access point channel conflict detected

router/access point channel conflict detected

I have a laptop system with Windows 7 and I have a wireless setup installed in my house through which I access the internet. Tikona WiBro is my ISP service provider. I reside on the 6th floor of my apartment, my router is connected with a receptor that is installed on the outer portion of my window that receives the signals from a 24 storeyed building around 200 meters away from my building, but my services stops in between. I think there is something wrong with any of these devices, but do not know which?

Re: router/access point channel conflict detected

As you mentioned that you have placed a device that receives signals from an access point that is located at 200 meters away from your receptor. So it is quite possible if something is objecting and preventing these devives to send and receive signals to each other . You have a receptor, there might be some or other technique to know the intensity of the signals reception and transmission. Mostly in some of such devices there are lights that show the strength of the signals. In most of the instances green light states full strength, yellow light states half strength and red means there is very less or no signal. You can check your receptor and give the updates.

This thing happens when there is a redundancy in the IP Address. It means that more than one device share the same IP Address. Since many devices that can be using the IP address such as workstations, laptops, routers,access points, firewalls, There is a possibility that you have two Network card installed in your system and both are assigned to same IP.

The redundancy in the Ip address also happens when we reset the settings of network connected devices but not the router
    You can repair the duplicate IP address following the below given instructions:
    • Turn off each and every devices attached to the system and turn off the system as well.
    • Turn on the router and check the link light, do not turn on the system until you see a steady light on the router.
    • Then turn on other networking devices and in last turn on the laptop.