Thread: How to share Windows 7 PC over the AirPort extreme wireless?

How to share Windows 7 PC over the AirPort extreme wireless?

Hello
    I am having a HP computer with the windows 7 environment. I am unable to share the hardware devices like the printer and other external drives in my windows 7 computer. Also fail to share the file in the Mac book machine. Is there any problem on the network configuration? what should I do to share the file in the AirPort extreme wireless connectivity? The AirPort extreme not detecting the windows 7 computer in the network service. Basically I have no such information about the AirPort extreme wireless service for the sharing the file. Any information will be very appreciated…

Re: How to share Windows 7 PC over the AirPort extreme wireless?

Make sure that the network connection policy is enabling to make the connectivity with the windows 7 computer that you are using to share the file. I recommend you for the network discovery it is a kind of the network setting. This program is help you to detect the other computer which are connected with the network. By default the windows firewall is disable the option of the Network discovery, so first you enable the option of that. For that you simply go to the Advanced sharing settings from the Start of the windows then go to the Control Panel, type network in the search option of the window, it will appear the Network and Sharing Center, change the appropriate settings of the network with the computer that you are using to share the file. Here you will found the option named as the network discovery, turn on that option. Remember that to go for the process that I mentioned above you have to log in by the administrator password.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Connect the computer with the Airport Extreme router, which will install the necessary utility of the AirPort Utility from the CD which is comes with the AirPort Extreme. After installing the utility, remember that you should have to do the operation by log in the computer with the administrator password. After that you have to create the ultimate Wi-Fi environment with the network service. Then go to the All Programs and locate for the AirPort. And there you will found the necessary information regarding the AirPort wireless connectivity. Make all the proper settings with the network access. Now try to share the file of the windows 7 computer the newly created network access, I hope this will help you.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

To set up a connection of the AirPort Extreme in the windows computer make sure that the computer is compatible with the 300 MHz or higher processor speed. The operating system that you using, is should be windows version with the service pack with the latest version. The AirPort Extreme should be in the version 5 or more that, which is very good with the windows co9mputer. You can also use the AirPort Extreme with the wireless-enabled computer, for that you have to configure the setting with the network. Go for the IEEE 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g standards or with the IEEE 802.11n with the proper draft specification. Of the network. The above mentioned requirements are very important for the set up the AirPort Extreme with the windows version.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Make sure that in your computer the option public share is enable this is situated in the network and sharing option under the control panel of the windows. This option will allow to access the internet service and also to share the file in the public. If it disable then only a particular user will allow to access the internet and the sharing the file throughout the network. To enable this you go to the advanced sharing settings under the setting option of the network in control panel. In the left side you will found the change option of the setting. Expand the option. Look for the public sharing option under that menu, turn on the sharing option also turn on the Public folder sharing, click on the save changes to apply the modification that you have don now. Now try to access with the Airport Extreme.