Thread: McAfee Firewall does not remain turned on

McAfee Firewall does not remain turned on

I am using the windows 7 operating system from a long time on my sony laptop and there was not a problem with the McAfee Firewall that i was using from last one year but from last week it created a number of the problems for me. The McAfee Firewall that i have configured gets turn off quite frequently which was a problem for me as unwanted users are entering in the system. So, what is the problem for these and how can i resolve these issue any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated to resolve the problem.
    Last edited by Diana17; 03-11-2010 at 06:12 PM.

Re: McAfee Firewall does not remain turned on

It is very simple to turn the McAfee Firewall that you are using in the system. you just need to first go to the Tray at the bottom of the desktop screen and then locate the McAfee icon. You need to click on the icon and then select the link to turn on the Firewall. After these the Firewall will be turn on and there will not a problem and there will be no attack from the outside on your system, if then too there is a problem then contact the McAfee for further help and support.

The solution provided by you above is not working for me and i am not able to turn on the McAfee Firewall from last week. When i try to turn on it manually it turns on and after a certain interval of time it turns off. So, what is the problem with these as i am not able to turn on; any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated to resolve these problem.

As you have mentioned that you have tried the above steps and does not got the solution so there are chances that the Firewall settings on your system are not properly done. So, on the Windows 7 operating system that you are using you have to do some settings for the Firewall that is provided below;
    • First you need to click on the start and then in the run menu and type Firewall.cpl and then click OK.
    • After that go to the General settings tab and click on (recommended).
    • Finally you need to complete the by selecting the Ok button.

If you want to keep the McAfee Firewall turn on for all the time then you can use the following settings to resolve the issue; navigate to the system tray and double-click the taskbar icon to unlock Security Center.

• First you need to select superior/Advanced Menu from the bottom middle left.
    • Then select organize which is available on the left side.
    • Then you have to select Computer and Files option on the top left side.
    • Virus Scan can be enabled in the right-hand component and put when it must resume or you can do that physically later on.