Thread: VNC does not login to work place via Mac

VNC does not login to work place via Mac

I am working in a large office where all the systems are based on Linux OS. So I was using the TightVNC app to login from my windows XP computer to the work place computer. I was activating the JSAM (Java Secured Application Manager) before login from VNC. I changed my Windows system to Mac several days before. Now the VNC is not launching and not showing anything from my Office computer. I tried another JollyFastVNC also but no joy. Are there any other apps for Mac? Or is it the Mac problem?

Re: VNC does not login to work place via Mac

Follow the step by step I am describing now if you are getting issue regarding the connection. Switch on your Mac computer and open the system preferences dialog box. Go to the internet and Network category and click the sharing button under it. Select or highlight the ARD components in the list. At last click Start button to launch the ARD service. ARD means Apple Remote Desktop. If the JollyFastVNC is not launching or not enable to connect, click the Access Privileges and check the option Named “VNC viewers may control screen” and set an appropriate password to it.

If you are tired of using these GUI based application then stop it and go for the different. Yes. I mean go for command-line interface apps if you are unable to connect via GUI based VNCs. There is software called Hamachi which comes with the command –line interface and some of the feature of terminal stuff. This software is available for Windows, Mac and Linux users. It is compatible with these 3 platforms. If you are familiar with commands and its usage then it won’t irritates you. Once you get the touch with it you will surely refuse to use VNC and ARD. It provides the direct connection between the systems even if they are behind the NAT firewalls without much configuration. It is purely based on zero configurations VPN.

The Chicken of the VNC does not going to work without doing the several settings manually.
    • In a ssh tunnel configuration enable the port forwarding option
    • Under the sharing folder option in Mac enable the remote login.
    • Also enable the remote login in Linux box.
    • Enable the screen sharing host in Mac under the system preferences

The Mac OS X comes with several open source VNC protocols like screen sharing, web sharing, file sharing, printer sharing, internet sharing Bluetooth sharing and CD or DVD sharing etc. But it does not come with the VNC client. So you need to download or install the third part VNC clients on your Mac. Some of them may not work but some could work successfully. So you need to try and check several of those and select the good one. Keep in mind that the VNC is not the secured network client.