Thread: Recommend me a new router for my build

Recommend me a new router for my build

Hi I am using the Linksys WRT400N as well as the WRT150N routers. The WRT400N router works fine with the stock firmware, but the thing is that I am not able to use the PS3 with it. The thing here is that both this routers are not giving me the perfect speed. I am using the Hathway internet connection and they suppose to give me the 1 mbps speed but instead of that I am getting only 512 kbps speed. As I am a game addict I love to play games online but this low speed is not helping me. So please suggest me a router that will help me to increase the speed. Here are the details regarding what all things I am currently using with my network.
    • MacBook Pro
    • Core i3 processor
    • PS3
    • Xbox 360
    • Video/DLNA server
    • Realtek video card

Re: Recommend me a new router for my build

According to me you have to use the DGL-4300 Wireless 108G Gaming Routers. This router is best for online games. As mentioned by you that you needed a fastest router that to for your laptop and for playing games D-Link's Wireless Gaming Adapter connects your Ethernet-enabled gaming console to the Internet with a fast and reliable Wi-Fi connection. Push the limits of basic networking technology and experience the evolution in networking. Wirelessly connect to the Internet, streamline network performance, and stay competitive in your online games with D-Link's new cutting-edge Gamer Lounge Wireless 108AG Gaming Adapter, powered by Game Fuel System Technology. I hope that this card will impress you and you will definitely try to go with it. This card will solve your problem for sure. Here are some of the features of DGL-4300 Wireless 108G:
    1. Introducing GameFuel System designed to provide convenient management options through a game console system
    2. Provides untethered and powerful super-speed dualband wireless connectivity
    3. Offers maximum flexibility for configuration and performance – via console or web-based management utility
    4. Also ideal for use with Ethernet-enabled printers and media set-top boxes
    5. Designed for the Gamers Network

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you have to go with the the Linksys E3000 router. The Linksys E3000 is one of the powerful dual-band Wireless routers. It connects you with the Blu-ray players, and also it supports the DVRs, and many gaming console. It also provides you the best quality of video streaming. It is one of the best router foe wireless gaming actions. It has the built in usb port that lets you to get the highest of speed ever. So don’t worry have faith on me select this one it will give the better performance while playing games. It also lets you to share files on network, as well as it enables you to connect with the stream media like the Xbox 360, PS3.

If you really interested in gaming then here are some of the routers that will help you to improve the performance and will also give you the high quality of video resolution:
    • D-Link Xtreme N Duo Media Router DIR-855-wireless router
    • D-Link Xtreme N Storage Router DIR-685
    • D-Link DIR-615 Wireless N Router
    • Novatel Wireless MiFi 2200
    • Netgear Wireless-N Router WNR2000
    • Netgear WNDR3700 RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router

If you will ask me then I will suggest you to go with the Belkin N+ Wireless Router, it also one of the best in this business. This router has some unique features that will attract you towards it. It provides you the USB storage port on the back of the router that will enable you to use the USB device. Here are some of the features of Belkin N+ Wireless Router:
    1. Connectivity Technology Wired , Wireless
    2. Integrated Switch 4-port switch
    3. Data Transfer Rate 300 Mbps
    4. Frequency Band 2.4 GHz
    5. Switching Protocol Ethernet
    6. Routing Protocol Static IP routing
    7. Remote Management Protocol HTTP
    8. Status Indicators Power , Link OK , Port status , Link activity

The thing here is that there are lot of other router that supports online gaming but if you will ask me than I want you select the Verizon Wireless MiFi 2200. This router is also known as the Intelligent Mobile HotspoI. It provides you the lightening speed, and also it has no networking issue. Here are some of its features that will give you more clear idea regarding the router:
    • Size: 3.5 X 2.3 X .4 inches,
    • Bands: 1x EV-DO Revision A
    • Typical usage time: four hours (one Wi-Fi client only)
    • Standby time: 40 hrs
    • Charge time - AC: 2.5 hours
    • CDMA authentication and identification
    • Dynamic MIP key update; CHAP
    • Wi-Fi: WEP/WPA/WPA2-PSK, SPI firewall
    • MAC/Port filtering
    • NAPT/DHCP server enabled
    • VPN Pass-through

I was also confused a few days back with the similar kind of problem. I was also unable t decide which router to take. But later on I decided to take the D-Link Xtreme N Storage Router DIR-685. It has all the abilities that you require and as my experience say it is the best router that I have ever used. So I will also suggest you to go with the same. Here are some of its specification that will give you the detailed information regarding the D-Link Xtreme N Storage Router DIR-685:
    1. High-speed Connection
    2. Video Streaming
    3. Internet Photo Frame
    4. SharePort Technology
    5. Gigabit Ethernet Ports
    6. File Uploader Widget Tool
    7. BitTorrent Support