Thread: False positive virus alert on microsoft security essentials

False positive virus alert on microsoft security essentials

In view of the fact with the intention of installing Zune 4 the recent past. I started receiving lots of optimistic false virus alerts on Microsoft Security essentials. At primary I was alarmed additional than I am attractive certain it's not a tribulations, it warns on Win32/MS04028!jpegexploit in my accumulation. This occur commencing time to time when I play or encompass the Zune player 4 up and working with or playing music additional than stops a as almost immediately as I shut it down. Anybody experiencing the similar predicament or have a solution related to it.

Re: False positive virus alert on microsoft security essentials

Subsequent to upgrading to the release version or description, the tribulations has been solved. accurately what triggered it I am not certain of, moreover the virus definitions or incredible by means of the intention of was fixed in the presently version or description. Moreover method it is no longer a tribulations. On a side make a note of, I got a false positive on a solitary image subsequent to upgrading, additional than this time I was capable to grab it, locate the MP3 containing it and subsequent to a minor edit in the representation and an to bring up to date to the MP3 the tribulations went away. I would suggest submitting a bug, and potentially present the file as a illustration to Microsoft.

I have comprised and endeavor for a long period at present, as almost immediately as I get a virus alert I start searching for the files (they are always positioned in my C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Temp folder). I endeavor to quarantine the files additional than security essentials encompass by no means been capable to locate the files for quarantine or for removal for by means of the intention of matter. On the other hand they merely come into view there extremely briefly when a innovative track is playing (it seems it is when a innovative album or track art is put on demonstrate in Zune it temporary stores some files here). I not be able to make available several additional advice, other than determine to once the entire in excess of again make a note of with the intention of I have comprised not experienced this behavior at the entire on a small number of machines utilizing the Zune software and MSE. Subsequent to upgrading to the release description, the tribulations have been solved. Accurately what triggered it I am not certain of, moreover the virus definitions or impressive by means of the intention of was fixed in the later version.

In view of the fact by means of the intention of installing Windows 7, I get this alert each 10 seconds or so and it protect me commencing listening to my Zune music. Each time I open my Zune software I get alerts commencing my CA antivirus stating W32/MS04-028: take advantage of Malware has been quarantined. I have comprised and scanned and eliminated the whole thing and endured the eight hour Windows protector scan additional than yet, as almost immediately as I open Zune, I start in receipt of these alerts which protect me commencing listening to songs, or they skip and repeat in excess of and over. I called Zune regarding this and uninstalled, then re-installed the Zune software.

I have been in receipt of these errors in view of the fact with the intention of I started utilizing MSE. I do not be familiar by means of why they are coming up and would feel affection for for them to stop. I am realizing by means of the intention of they are almost certainly immediately false positives other than getting them so often creates one imagine there might essentially be something wrong by means of their system. I have endeavor submitting samples to MSE as recommended in this additional than when selecting the file commencing C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\TEMP I get a "You do not encompass permission to open this file.

I had presently bought an innovative 2GB MicroSD card for my Samsung SCH-i760 and whenever you similar to I position the card in my card reader, open an image (jpg) file, endeavor to rotate the representation and save it, I get this Virus alert immediately similar to numerous of you. Type of a PITA. The communication commencing Bit Defender is regarding Exploit.win32.ms04-028.gen the file is not presently become aware of. This was almost certainly a false positive which was in the meantime eradicated. Give pleasure to bring up to date the signatures of you BitDefender installation. If the tribulations persist, give pleasure to let us be familiar by means of it. I presently got the identical alert commencing BD. I am on Vista Home Premium (32bit) and take a screenshot utilizing the Snipping Tool with the intention of is contained in Vista. I saved it as jpg, and got a pop up commencing BD telling me it become aware of the on top of named virus, and with the intention of my system was not contaminated. I have utilized the snipping tool formerly (recently) and did not encounter this. I was capable to duplicate the alert several times by utilizing the Snipping tool.