Thread: MSE does not have any Heuristic based monitoring

MSE does not have any Heuristic based monitoring

I agree with the intention of the additional technical users tend to give the impression of being for this kind of information in sequence, even though most users of MSE are not by means of the intention of knowledgeable. What such a be deficient in of basic customary in testing and publication does for me is designate with the intention of I be supposed to query anything from moreover or together of the organizations involved in the 'tests'. Unless the additional knowledgeable in the middle of us begin to understand the necessity to go behind such high customary and point this out to those most of them share our recommendations by means of, FUD determine to continue to reign supreme. The complete Internet not be able to be policed and corrected by Microsoft, people by means of a clue necessitate doing it. On one occasion viewership drops, the publications determine to moreover learn what they are doing wrong or disappear what to do here.

Re: MSE does not have any Heuristic based monitoring

Your connection referenced the subsequent page of the article, which particularly calls out testing execute by AV-Test.org, additional than regrettably doesn't provide several indication of the testing methodology utilized moreover in the article or on the AV-Test.org site itself. The primary page of the article in addition contradicts the subsequent by mentioning the behavioral monitoring and the Dynamic Signature Service, which are accurately the components by means of the intention of make available the 'dynamic detection' by means of the intention of Marx, the AV-Text.org manager designate were lacking. Despite the fact with the intention of AV-Test.org is it seems with the intention of a member of the Anti-Malware Testing Standards Organization (AMTSO).

There are shift toward with the intention of incorporate cloud queries here as well even though, moreover to keep away from false positives or to raise the recognition rate even additional. In conclusion, coming back to the subject matter of testing, there is to shift toward of "dynamic testing" which was primary developed to test the "behavioral monitoring/blocking" characteristic. Due to the character of the test, it at present in addition naturally consideres "in-the-cloud" queries and consequently the Microsoft DSS technology as well. To terminate the on top of: Microsoft does not present several behavioral obstructing in MSE additional than has some kind of in-the-cloud technology (DSS), consequently it does not present "dynamic detection" in the sense of behavioral monitoring/blocking additional than merely a additional dynamic method of deploying signature updates by means of DSS.

None of what I encompass stated has query the overall capability of AV-Test to execute testing, in view of the fact by means of the intention of as a member of the AMTSO I would be expecting at least a minimum level of capability. My merely query were in reaction to your innovative query and the specific article referenced. I in addition have taken a cursory give the impression of being at the specific AV-Test publication mentioned and it come into view quite complete in it's general conversation of Testing of "Dynamc Detection" as in addition mentioned by the additional. My complete query was and tranquil remains where are the unambiguous results for the summary test results make available in the original PC Advisor article and what were the accurate set(s) of testing procedures used to execute those tests.

I be able to merely go off information in sequence and comments by means of the objective of I read and endeavor and draw conclusions. I imagine I understand what you mean by MSE and "obstructing behavior" (so I take for granted some "test" for this must exist), yet AV-Test's comments are in addition clear if I might commencing for PCA, "According to AV-Test:"Dynamic recognition", as Microsoft is calling it, is no additional than a signature-based recognition by means of some kind of "in the cloud" queries. It's not behavioral and not what most of them would submit to as heuristics" So in the tests execute did malware run and do "scratch" or as you say, was it "obstructed" and no one was several the wiser.

I understand with the intention of you are perplexed, additional than perceptibly so are those performing the tests. This is actually not surprising in view of the fact with the intention of the entire testing is execute creating various assumptions, accurately similar to you immediately completed yourself in your most recent paragraph. The entire in excess of again, by itself this is not an problem, other than when somebody performing tests formulate such assumptions they instantaneously force the results in one direction or an additional. These are why understanding accurately how the tests are performed is so significant, in view of the fact with the intention of methodology be able to unintentionally, or even deliberately skew the results. Though commencing my initial cursory reading of the manuscript mentioned on top of it's clear with the intention of AV-Test people understand these issues, I determine to have to read the complete document to endeavor to understand how they essentially execute their tests.