Thread: Internet connection disconnects when switching user accounts

Internet connection disconnects when switching user accounts

I'm presently using a laptop that has Windows XP specialized and I'm having Wireless Internet Connection. I contribute my laptop with my older brother so we each have our own user accounts. I have a problem that is at any time I switch from my account to my brothers, my internet disconnects from my account. It's like the internet connection stimulated from my account to my brothers and vice versa.

Re: Internet connection disconnects when switching user accounts

I suggest you to first Click Start, Run and enter REGEDIT then Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon. Come across the right windowpane for a value called Keep RAS Connections. If it exist,it should be set to 1. If not, double click the Keep RAS Connections value and modify it to 1. If it doesn't exist, then right click in a blank area of the right windowpane, select New, DWord value and name it Keep RAS Connections. Set it to 1.

To allow Fast User Switching I suggest you to Log on to the computer as an supervisor. (or an account that has the essential permissions to modify Control Panel options, generally your usual account). First Click Start, and then click Control Panel, go to click User Accounts. then Click alter the way users log on or off. If it is not selected , click to choose the Use the greeting
    screen check box. Then Click to choose the Use Fast User Switching check box, and then click on Apply Options.Then stop the User Accounts tool.

I suggest you to go to computer icon right click on it and select Manage .In computer Management window click on the Device Manager option which is on the left side. In the right column after the Network Adapters. Click on + sign. Place your wireless adapter in the list by right clicking select properties. Then tick on the Power Management tab in Wireless adapter properties window. Then allow computer to turn off. this may solve your problem.