Thread: Microsoft Security Essentials full scan took over 10 hours

Microsoft Security Essentials full scan took over 10 hours

I was having the Windows Vista as the only operating system on my PC now I have recently upgraded to the Windows 7 and along with that I have the Microsoft Security Essentials with me. Now the issue with the same is that when I try to go for the Full scan I have noticed that the scan some times halts or some time it has been observed that it takes too long to scan the things. I have not yet managed to fetch the exact solution for me and in addition to that I am clueless regarding the same. I do not know to whom I should blame for the same. Please suggest.

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials full scan took over 10 hours

Well in the case above I just want to ask only one thing, are you able to perform the quick scan with the Microsoft Security Essentials. Well after that only we will be able to conclude if the culprit is the Windows 7 or the Microsoft Security Essentials. I have seen if you are not able to do the fast scan on the system then there must be some issue with the Operating System, and if you are able to get the thing work then there is some issue with the Microsoft Security Essentials. Well I have suggested you the way of finding the culprit just find that and let us know.

I would just suggest you to have the updates of the Microsoft Security Essentials for you. I think that the updates can really play a vital role in solving the problem. I am fully confident that if you will be able to get the updates from the official site then it can help your Microsoft Security Essentials to work a little faster. Some of the file in the settings needs repair and I think that this can help it in getting repaired. Hope that the post of mine will really help you.

I think that the issues that you all are talking about can be helped with the assistance of the threads that are made on the forums here. I am sure that can be really of some sort of help. Just have a look on that and see if that can be of some business to you. The first thread is really similar to the problem of yours but the issue is that the member was getting stucked on a particular file here is the link: Full scan security essentials locks up on mtsadmin.tlb. The second thread discuses regarding the freezing issues of the Microsoft Security Essentials see the thread here: Security Essentials Freezes during full scan

I would like you to have the full reinstall of the Microsoft Security Essentials. I think that some of the file must have got corrupted and hence the time is getting longer for the scan to continue. I think that it may be scanning for the system and when it will be looking for the necessary file it must be halting so that it can get connected there and take the proper action. Just have the reinstallation of the Microsoft Security Essentials and see if that can help the issue solved.

I have one more thing for you. If at all, all the above solutions do not go in your way then you can have the full reinstallation of the Windows 7 and at the same time of the Microsoft Security Essentials. Well if your are really having problem in finding the real culprit then it will be best if you can have all the things reinstalled on your system. Well do that and then see if that can help you in the matter. I am sure if that can help you then you will be really able to solve the issue. Do it and I am sure that is the only thing if nothing else can help you.

I do think that this is going to be the last solution and if yet you were not able to find the solution then I have the perfect thing for you. Just try to use the combinations of the things that have been suggested. At first try the updates if that did not help then try uninstalling the OS and the Microsoft Security Essentials and then reinstall both the things. After that try the same thing if not then install the updates and then I am sure that the thing will work for you.