Thread: System Recovery not opening

System Recovery not opening

Recently my computer system have got infected by the viruses which are not letting me open many of the programs on my Windows XP system. I was having similar kind of issues in the past which got solved by using the System Restore but this time even System Restore is not opening. I guess there is no other options have left for me to solve this problem. Please suggest me some ways!

Re: System Recovery not opening

Usually it happens when you system have got infected by some viruses which disables all the security programs on your whole operating system. I suggest you try other way by which you can start the programs. Go to the Start button and open the Control Panel. Now click on the Folder Option and then File Types. Here you would be having a button for New, Click on it followed by an Advanced button. Now type exe in the box after which you have to select it from the drop down menu that which program to select to open.

It is possible that there is some kind of critical viruses on your windows system which is not letting you do the purpose which you want to do on your machine. And since they have infected, In fact changed the values in the windows registry which is the main reason for program malfunctioning. There are many anti virus software which helps you to remove the viruses from your system along with the repairing the registry values which has been changed by the virus.

Actually it is not recommended to use the System Restore anytime in order to get rid of viruses when you system gets infected by the same. You should use the same only when it is your last option. I have provided the link from where you can download an Avast anti virus which is a great at dealing with the viruses placed on the windows systems as it repairs windows registry perfectly so that you don't face the same problem any further. Click on an Avast to download it.

I suggest you to use the Safe Mode of the Windows Operating system which will not let the virus to run and hence it would be easier to use the security tools at that time to remove an infections from your system. You can enter into Safe Mode by long pressing F8 key when your system gets started. Here you have to select for the Safe Mode with or without Networking.