Thread: What is AV8 Scan

What is AV8 Scan

I am using Microsoft essential as a security system in my PC. Yesterday I found a AV8 scan pops up and will only allow 'click ok' to scan that’s embarrass me. , AV8 also blocks the Windows Task Manager and rightful Windows application from running. Furthermore, while this malware is running, it will show also a lot of fake security alerts and warnings. Can anybody know that what it is exactly? Please help.

Re: What is AV8 Scan

Antivirus 8 or AV8 is a new malicious program that put out of sight under the appearance of antivirus software. This malware from the sequence of fake antivirus tools, which consists AntivirusGT, Antivirus 7, Antivir 2010, Antivir Antivirus, Antivir, Alpha Antivirus and others. Antivirus8 is spread through trojans. When the trojan is organization, it will download and install the false antivirus program on to your computer. On first start, Antivirus8 creates the access named AV8 in the HKCU \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run key of Windows registry, therefore creating a option to start automatically every time you create Windows. Then, the malicious software performs a fake scan of your computer and spot the existing system files as trojans, viruses, and so on.

You need to automatic removal instructions for Antivirus 8 in Normal mode.
    1. You need to Download HijackThis and save it to your desktop. Most significant, in the Save dialog, rename HijackThis.exe to explorer.exe.
    2. Check Run HijackThis. Click to Scan button. Once the scheme scan is completed, check the box to the left of the following item:
    O4 – HKCU\..\Run: [AV8] C:\Program Files\AV8\av8.exe
    Please be extremely cautious, do not check any other boxes! Also Click on “Fix checked” on the bottom left side of the HijackThis screen. Close HijackThis.
    3. After that download and install Malwarebytes Anti-malware or SuperAntispyware. Run and perform a full scan. The scan might take some time to finish. Let it remove what it found. After that reboot the system.

You can remove av 8 using malwarbytes, a free program you can use as an av8 removal tool to rid av8 and a lot of extra forged antivirus protection tools for example the my security shield scam. Here’s how to obtain free of av8:
    * Download Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware.
    * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and go following the prompts to install the program.
    * At the end, be certain a check-mark is located next to the following:
    Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
    Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
    * Click Finish.
    * If an inform is found, Malbytes anti malware will download and install the latest version.
    * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
    * When the scan is total, click OK, then Show Results to sight the results.
    * Be sure that all is checked, and click Remove Selected. Reboot your processor if prompted.
    * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. The computer virus av8 should now be removed.

If you are tell that your PC is impure or needs a good scan when browsing the web, it is doubtful to be a warning from genuine system utility, for there are plenty of fake online scanners advertised in this way. Those online scanners find the same kit of parasites regardless of scanned machine. The reason for such a chance is quite clear. This is how AV 8 (AV8) promotes itself and this is the method extra members of this family go. Other technique is applied, too, but this one is careful to be the most efficient in case of AV 8.