Thread: Full scan security essentials locks up on mtsadmin.tlb

Full scan security essentials locks up on mtsadmin.tlb

I have the Windows 7 on my system and along with that I have Microsoft Security Essentials with me. Now the issue with the same think is that whenever I try running the full scan on the system I have just seen one thing that it gets lock up. I have noticed a particular file on which it gets locked up particularly. It is the mtsadmin.tlb it is located in the c:/windows/system32/com/mtsadmin.tlb. If I wish to cancel the scan I cannot do that. The only thing that can help me in stalling the same is Rebooting the system. I have noticed that the small logo of the same rotates there on the task bar. Also in addition to that I just want to say that when I run the quick scan it runs without any issues. Can you all please suggest anything in this matter?

Re: Full scan security essentials locks up on mtsadmin.tlb

I would just suggest you only one thing. Just try uninstalling the Microsoft Security Essentials in the first place, then after that reboot the system and if that happens without any issue then restart the system and the try reinstalling the Microsoft Security Essentials. If that is a kind of bug then I am sure that this will help you in fetching the solution. You should have done this thing at the first place, well you can try this and post if that helped you solving the issue. If the situation does not come under control then I think it will be nice if you can contact the Microsoft.

I would suggest you to have a full reinstall of the Operating System along with the Microsoft Security Essentials. At the first place I think that you should try to uninstall the Microsoft Security Essentials and reinstall the same and if that does not solve the issue then you can go with the fresh installation of the operating system and along with that fresh installation of the Microsoft Security Essentials. Please install the Microsoft Security Essentials at first place before installing anything else.

Well I am of the opinion that your Microsoft Security Essentials is outdated and to get out of the issue you will have to get it updated. The thing is that when you go for the full scan it checks all the system files and that too very closely and hence because of some settings it might be getting hanged at the same place. When it goes for the fast scan it just views the file from the above and hence does not see the mtsadmin.tlb file. Get the updates and see if that can help.

Stuck with the similar issue. The thing is that I read all the suggestions that you all have given here but I do not think that they are going to help. I have already tried all that things but could not help solve the issues. I tried installing the updates from the official site but yet it cannot help me to fetch the proper solution. Then I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the Microsoft Security Essentials and then scanning the thing but got stuck at the same place. Also I tried installing the updates again but yet could not find the solution. I even tried the clean up scan making use of the Microsoft Safety Scanner, but that too could not help with the situation. Any help in the matter will be really appreciated.

Well I have found the solution but the thing is that you will have to have a lot of download and install. Well I guess that it is going to be the only solution so far.
    • As the first step of solution I downloaded and then ran Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (Free Version)
    • After that I downloaded and ran SuperAntiSpyware (Free Edition)
    • Once the two things completed successfully after that I booted up in Safe Mode with Networking and here tried running the Microsoft Security Essentials full scan and that ran their for the first time, and indeed completed.
    • Once it ran in the Safe mode then I tried the same thing in the Normal Mode and this time it ran without any problems or issues.

Try the above steps and see if that worked for you.

I think that you have received a lot of advice on the issue that you are currently facing. I would just suggest you to at the first place follow all the things that have been suggested and if that does not work then you can see the desk of the Microsoft Security Essentials. Also in addition to that if you want to have some more knowledge regarding the same then you can have a look at the following thread. Security Essentials Freezes during full scan