Thread: Microsoft Security Essentials reporting Trojan

Microsoft Security Essentials reporting Trojan

Why am I getting this message from the Microsoft Security Essentials? I have no idea regarding the same. In the morning it was showing that the system is healthy and there is no issue regarding the same but when I started the system in the evening when I started the system, the Microsoft Security Essential cm e up with this message. I really do not have any clue why it is coming in that manner. I have not connected any other USB mass storage device to the system that can cause me this trouble. Is this a kind of joke or something? How can it be like that? In the morning it is showing that there is no issue and now it is giving me this. Has anyone ever found anything like that? Please suggest me anything in this respect.

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials reporting Trojan

Well you cannot believe or I would say that you cannot rely on the Antivirus program and at the same time it is the nature of the Trojan horse. In the first encounter it may have happened that the antivirus program would have not noticed it but now if it has then it is really good. Why are you upset with the same? Try taking the necessary steps that the program is asking you to take. I am sure that the antivirus program will help you to get out of the drastic situation. If it is asking for an update then have that done so that you can have a full system protection belt round the system.

Well I agree to what you are saying, it is really necessary to have the updates of the antivirus program so that the system can be protected. Now I want to ask one more thing what should be done if the antivirus program cannot be updated. What can be done in that matter? Today I tried updating the Microsoft Security Essentials but the thing is that it is not getting updated. I had also faced the same issue and when I tried updating on its recommendation I cannot see it getting updated. Now I want to know if really my system is infected and I need to have the update or is it that there is some issue with the Microsoft Security Essentials. Is there anything that you all can suggest me? Thanks.

I have seen a lot of posts regarding the issues that you all are talking about. I have also seen some of the places where the situation was proven to be correct at first I was also of the opinion that the warning could be a fake, but after that incident I think we all can not risk the same. Well in the scenario of the case the update was carried out successfully but in all other cases the update was not starting at all. I would only suggest you one thing, that if that is not getting updated then leave it and then proceed with your work and let it get updated when it wishes for. I am sure that you will not have any trouble with working on the system. Post when you will be able to get the update for the same.

I think that it will be nice if you can post the same query of yours on the official site of the Microsoft Security Essentials, I think that if they would have encountered the same before then they can give you the perfect guideline for the same and what is needed to be done so that the issue can be tackled. Also in addition to that please try to see regarding the same issue in their complaint box and see if you all can see that there.

I would just like to say that the issues that you all are facing can be fake. I was searching a lot for the same and then I came across a title that was saying Fake Microsoft Security Essentials program reporting Trojan. I found the topic somewhat interesting and I thought of putting light on the same. Fake Microsoft Security Essentials Alert is not anything but Trojan, which attempts to influence PC users that they encompass viruses on their systems and now they require to amplify machines’ protection so that they can get rid of the scams noticed. After that users are recommended 35 special anti-spywares where 5 of them are not justifiable ones: Red Cross Antivirus, Peak Protection 2010, Pest Detector 4.1, Major Defense Kit and AntiSpySafeguard.

I am of the opinion that Microsoft Security Essentials are doing that purposely as they want to get there new products to be sold. The five different products that they want to get distributed are as follows:
    • Red Cross Antivirus
    • Peak Protection 2010
    • Pest Detector 4.1
    • Major Defense Kit
    • AntiSpySafeguard

Whenever the users try to follow the diagnosis line that was suggested by the Microsoft Security Essentials they just receive this window asking them to get one of the things from the list above. I think that the error messages or say the warnings that you are getting is altogether false and I think that it will be really nice if you can continue with your work.

I have seen some of the cases where after facing the issues like this the users were not able to get the Internet Explorer launched. When they were finding it difficult to launch the IE then they thought that the system was infected with the same. So if at all you are having the issue then you can try following the following steps and I am sure that you will be able to get the things working:
    • First open the Internet Explorer
    • Then on the launched Internet Explorer click on the Tools
    • Under the Tools you will have to choose Internet Options
    • Then choose Connections Tab
    • After that click on the Lan Settings button.
    • You will find a checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN that is under the Proxy Server section, just uncheck that and then click on OK

Hope that will help you to browse on the internet with the Internet Explorer.