Thread: Win32.pushbot.gen!c Removal

Win32.pushbot.gen!c Removal

I am using windows 7 in my intel Pc. This is basically a desktop. I have surfing net and shopping online by credit card. Yesterday i found Win32.pushbot.gen!c virus pop up on my Pc. I am using microsoft security essential in my PC. I laos scan this many time but i think it can not remove fully the virus Win32.pushbot.gen!c. it will be pop between 1 minute. Please suggest what we can do ? It is bother about me for my online transaction. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Win32.pushbot.gen!c Removal

To remove Win32.pushbot.gen!c, you must first stop any worm:Win32/Pushbot.gen processes that are running in your computer's memory. To stop every Worm:Win32/Pushbot.gen processes, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to unlock the Windows Task Manager. After that Click on the "Processes" tab and search for Worm:Win32/Pushbot.gen, after that right-click it and select "End Process" key. To erase Worm:Win32/Pushbot.gen registry keys, open the Windows Registry Editor via clicking on the Windows "Start" button and select "Run." Type "regedit" into the box and click "OK." Once the Registry Editor is open, search for the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Worm:Win32/Pushbot.gen." Right-click this registry key and select "Delete." Check and reply.

You need to check the Bot.gen that are listed in the Files and Folders sections on page. To delete the Bot.gen files and folders:
    1. After using your file explorer, browse to each file and folder listed in the Folders and Files sections. The paths use sure convention such as [%PROGRAM_FILES%]. These conventions are explained here.
    2. You require selecting the file or folder and press SHIFT+Delete on the keyboard.
    3. Click Yes in the confirm deletion dialog box.

Worm:Win32/Pushbot.gen!C is a generic finding for worms that can spread via MSN Messenger and/or AOL Instant Messenger. It also contains backdoor functionality that allows unauthorized access to an precious system. When execute, Worm:Win32/Pushbot.gen!C copies itself to the Windows folder using dissimilar file names, such as the following:

• update.exe
    • svch0st.exe

It sets the quality for this copy to read only, hidden, and system. It also modify the registry to run this copy at each Windows start, for example:

Code:
    Adds value: "MSN"
    With data: "%windir%\svch0st.exe"
    To subkey: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Adds value: "MicrosoftCorp"
    With data: "%windir%\svch0st.exe"
    To subkey: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\Run
    It then launch its copy, and deletes its originally-running file.

You need to restart your computer and tap "F8" key constantly. Use the arrow keys to emphasize the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then press enter. obtain Your Free Download of Spyware Doctor, install it and update its database to the latest. After that, resume your computer so as to build Spyware Doctor fully functional. Repeat into Safe Mode, Run and Click the Scan button to decide the scan options. Click the Scan Now button to let Spyware Doctor to detect your Windows system for spyware program.