Thread: How to check the details of last virus scan?

How to check the details of last virus scan?

I just wanted to know it for my knowledge that how can I check the virus scan result which i have done earlier. Actually i have already removed one virus which seems to be identical with the one which has been detected just now. So I wanted to know that what was the last result of an anti virus scan so that I can confirm that the virus is recreating itself even after removing it. So please help me to find out the last result.

Re: How to check the details of last virus scan?

I think it won't be possible to find out the last result of an Anti Virus scan until and unless there is any such options provided by an Anti Virus Software itself. I think you should check about the same that your anti virus software allows you to show the last scan results or not. If not then I guess it won't be possible for you.

I have found one way by which you would be able to see an extremely detailed log files which you have to open with the Notepad. Actually these files would be containing all the information about the scan result which you have done last time. When i mentioned about the Log files at that time you must have got that it is not possible from the anti virus software itself and even you have not mentioned the name of your anti virus software which you have installed on your system. Open the " C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Support" which has these log files. And if you want to install or upgrade any log then you have to go to the " C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Security Essentials\Support ".

I have checked about the same directories on my Windows Xp system which does not have any such log files created my anti virus software so this means that there should be some other path for Windows XP systems which might be containing the same data. I have found that one. You have to explore the " C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Support " for the log files and if you need to upgrade or install any of them then explore the " C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Security Essentials\Support ".