Thread: Security Essentials Freezes during full scan

Security Essentials Freezes during full scan

I have the desktop Computer. I have the updated one Microsoft security Essentials. The problem with it is that, when we run Microsoft security essentials it freezes during the full scan of the computer. I am only able to use the quick scans to make use of the all the other functions, but when I try an attempt to do a full scan of a computer it then hangs the personal computer. The icons on the task bar spines around as if it is working, but logically it does not work. My Microsoft Essentials is completely updated. Quick scan works better but it does not display any kind of threat. Please help me

Re: Security Essentials Freezes during full scan

Make sure that you must remove all the other real time antivirus or antimalware application. It may be any kind of antimalware such as Norton or McAfee or quick Heal etc. Make use of removal tools to remove it. Also uninstall the windows defender if it is XP or disable it if it is Vista or Windows 7. Also verify that your service pack is up to date and check it whether the windows firewall is ON and set the windows firewall to default. In Internet Explorer, reset all security zones to default level. And then restart your computer. If still the problem occurs, submit the support to Microsoft.

Which kind of operating System do you use? The problem may exist due to the difference in the operating system. Which was you security software previously used by you? The problem may also arise due to the security software, whether it is being fully installed or partially installed on your personal computer. Remove all the other kind of security software which is available in your personal computer. Also free the hard disk from space. The system may also hang if it not gets proper space. Free it by disk cleanup, it removes all the unnecessary files and scrap which is not in use for your system. Make use of the cleanup tool to remove all your previous security software.

I had question regarded it, that when during the scan your personal computer usually freezes during the full scan, It freezes at the beginning or in between of your system. At what point does it create the problem. Or you may have the other antivirus or antimalware program installed on your system! It might be possible that your system was being previously infected after you have installed the Microsoft security Essential. It may also freeze due to your operating system. Verify that yours Windows Defender is uninstalled (if XP), or Disabled (if Vista/W7). Also verify Windows Firewall is on, and set to defaults.