Thread: Problem with 82567LM NIC on Dell E4300

Problem with 82567LM NIC on Dell E4300

I have been using Dell E4300 laptop. But I am facing some problem with my 82567LM NIC installed on this laptop. It stops working whenever I go on any streaming video sites. However it works as normal when I play any short videos or do surfing on the internet. I first thought of it as flash problem and updated it but it still doesn't solved my problem. What has happened to my laptop and my NIC? Is this the problem of my NIC or there is something else that is affecting my internet usage?

Re: Problem with 82567LM NIC on Dell E4300

It could be the problem of network configuration. Go to command prompt and type "IPConfig /all". Press Enter. You should get the complete information of how it is configured and you can also check if it correct. It can also be due to site itself, either it is too busy or it has set some limit for the user who are slow connection. Are you on slow internet connection? Check how much bandwidth you were provided from the ISP and if you are getting that much speed. You can use some online sites to check this.

I think its because of the nic drivers. May be the current driver that you are having is either corrupted or too old to support new technology. I would recommend you to install the latest driver from the manufacturer site. Also make sure you have the drivers which is compatible with your operating system. It sometimes happens when you have upgraded your operating system, your driver is not compatible to your current driver and so it gives you the problem.

There are several ways to this problem. But I would first ask you one thing. Is this network card in built on your motherboard or it is installed on a PCI slot? It happened to me once and I was able to surf internet but it was not more than half an hour. After that I have to reboot my computer. If you have a separate NIC card and then try replacing it with another one. If it is inbuilt then you should try some other one and see if that helps.

This problem may occur if your computer is infected by some virus. Check and scan your computer with a good antivirus and see if that helps. I would recommend you to use MalwareBytes to remove any malware from your computer. It is the best and recommend malware removal software from the techies all over the internet.