Thread: How to remove winsysapp.exe, commgr.exe and winalerter.exe

How to remove winsysapp.exe, commgr.exe and winalerter.exe

Yesterday when I scan my system with Prevex 3.0 it shows infected files winsysapp.exe, commgr.exe and winalerter.exe. I am unable to delete winaleart.exe from Program files->Window alert and commgr.exe from Program files->Windows common files as command prompt shows file does not exist but while scanning it shows infected files. I have stopped these processes in task manager and have unmarked them from start up list.Using command prompt I have stopped, and deleted C: Recycler from c drive. I want to get rid of this two files. Please let me know how I can delete these two files from my computer. Thank you in advance for your valuable suggestions.

Re: How to remove winsysapp.exe, commgr.exe and winalerter.exe

In such situations when your system is infected with such malware do not delete threat manually and try to delete them using Anti-malware or with the help of support team. If you are not using Microsoft security essential the you can login to onecare.live.com site and run a full system scan I think this owuld remove them. When you delete them manually some part would remain and when anti-malware delete threat at that time it will detect its dependency and then remove them. Hence it is advisable that you should use good anti-malware to keep your system free from such worms and malwares.Hope this will remove all the three threats(winsysapp.exe, commgr.exe and winalerter.exe).

I have downloaded and Installed Microsoft security essential on my system and did full system scan. Now I do not have nay problem. But to have only Microsoft security essential on system is enough or I need to install any other Anti-virus?

Microsoft security essential is a Microsoft anti-malware program and the special thing about Microsoft security essential is that it does not require too much system resource. Remove any other anti-malware products that were already installed on your system. After removing the other anti-malware reboot your system and see to it that windows Firewall is ON. Using control panel you can check the status of your windows Firewall. You do not need any other anti-malware program with Microsoft security essential.

When you install Microsoft security essential then you are having Anti-malware and Anti-spyware both and your system is protected against this threats. Confirm that Microsoft security essential and windows are always update and Firewall is ON. You can check your status of windows firewall in security center/ Action center in control panel then you are protected and safe from all such kinds of threats.

This virus winsysapp.exe, commgr.exe and winalerter.exe will keep your computer busy and your performance will decrease . To remove this virus manually start your computer in safe mode with command prompt. This virus creates Program files folder and other location where this virus is placed is Recycler folder on C drive. Use command "dir/ A : S" OR "dir/A:H" in order to view these Hidden folder. Enter to these folder and delete the files using "del / F / A : S *.*". After deleting all the files restart your system in normal mode. Open registry using "regedit" over here delete winsysapp, commgr and winalert from locations hkey_local_machine->software->microsoft->windows->currentversion->run and hkey_current_user->software->microsoft->windows->currentversion->run

You should end processes winalert.exe, Commgr.exe, WinSysApp.exe from Task Manager and also removes this file entries from windows startup. It is also possible that some genuine program might be using the same file name. You need to make sure that you do not delete these files if they are used by any genuine program. You can use windows defender to distinguish between them.