Thread: Problems in teaming connectivity of Intel Pro ET Quad port Server and Adapter Hyper V Server

Problems in teaming connectivity of Intel Pro ET Quad port Server and Adapter Hyper V Server

I have a cluster HyperV R2 Core server atmosphere. I have 4 Dell R610 Hosts, each with 2 IntelPro ET Quad Port adapters in all. I have created 3 teams with NICS added across network cards. There is a 4 port VMLB team, and 22 port ALB teams. Now the thing here is that the on the VMLB team are not stable, they work only for some servers and not for the remaining one, i don’t know why it is happening so. And also the Hyper V clients tend to make connectivity mistakes. Please help me solving these problems also let me know the measures that need to be taken to prevent the network from such connectivity issues. VMLB and using ALB appears to resolve the majority of the connectivity issues. Does anybody have face such type of problem before if yes then please help me in solving my problem also.
    Last edited by Tajdar7; 28-10-2010 at 06:22 AM.

Re: Problems in teaming connectivity of Intel Pro ET Quad port Server and Adapter Hyper V Server

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there is problem in the HyperV link that you have created. The thing here is that the ALB team that is unable to communicate due to the hyper v link and since it is attached to an external HyperV Network. So what you have to do here is that just remove the hyper v network that will allow communicating with the teams again and the connection between the teams will be establish. Make sure no HyperV link comes in between the teams which will ten resist the communication of the teams. I hope that this will help you to fix your problem permanently.

Re: Problems in teaming connectivity of Intel Pro ET Quad port Server and Adapter Hyper V Server

VMLB teams would be the finest option for load matching and fault tolerance. The VMLB teaming form was developed purposely to take the position of the AFT and ALB modes when using Hyper-V. You mentioned earlier that you had issues with the VMLB teams. Are you still facing the problem even though moving towards the 15.5, are the teams of the VMLB working properly? If you still are facing with this issues then make sure that you mention or inform me regarding that because I think that I can solve will your problems related to it. Since the issues are related to the connectivity of the teams then make sure that you always check the connectivity by your own. And if this solutions will not work for you then make sure that you place a complaint in front of the service providers of yours i hope that they will help you for sure in this case.
    Last edited by Spyrus; 28-10-2010 at 06:40 AM.

I guess that i can help you in this case what you have to do is just download the ANS Teaming software. The ANS teaming software will help you out of this problem. The thing here is that the download Center contains driver downloads for Intel Ethernet adapters that include Advanced Network Services (ANS) teaming software. In download center choose your product and download the file that supports your version of Windows. A separate download for teaming software is not required or available. Then you have to install the same software. The Advanced Network Services (ANS) are installed by default along with Intel PRO Set for Windows Device Manager. Always keep in mind that whenever you run the installation from the CD included with your software or from downloaded software, the Setup Options gives you the choice to install ANS. Because ANS is checked by default, no special action is required during installation. I hope that this one will solve your problem for sure.