Thread: Unable to remove winmyy32.dll virus

Unable to remove winmyy32.dll virus

I am using computer from last many years, but I never got problem which I faced this time. Just in recent times approximately the 20 of this month I have kept being notified by AOL protection and security to remove this file which is in my system32. It asks for permission to remove this file, which I approve and comes back with a pop up saying “unable to delete”. So I look for my own system 32 and it won’t erase or remove. I have tried 3 different virus cleaners but nothing can happen. Anybody be familiar with a program to remove/delete this forever? And I would do the system recover? But I can’t because I have too many important files which are needed. So please help me to remove this virus!!

Re: Unable to remove winmyy32.dll virus

I must give you one suggestion for this:
    First just download the trial version of ‘Ewido Anti-spyware’ from internet and save that file to your computer. When the trial era expires, it becomes freeware with reduced functions but still worth keeping.
    1. One time you have downloaded ‘Ewido Anti-spyware’, locate the icon on your desktop and then double-click it to open the setup program.
    2. Once the setup is complete you will require running ‘Ewido’ and updating the description files.
    3. On the main screen select the icon ‘Update -Update now.
    4. After this selects the ‘Start Update’ button, the update will start and a progress bar will show the updates is being installed.
    5. One time the update has completed select the ‘Scanner’ icon at the top of the computer screen, and then just select the ‘Settings’ tab.
    6. One time in the Settings screen click on ‘Recommended actions’ and after these select ‘Quarantine’
    7. Below ‘Reports’ select ‘Automatically generate report after every scan’
    8. Un-Select the ‘Only if threats were found’
    9. Terminate ‘Ewido Anti-Spyware’, DO NOT run a scan up till now. Do that afterward in Safe Mode.
    10. Reboot your PC into Safe Mode now. You can do this by restarting your PC and repeatedly tapping the F8 key until a menu becomes visible. Use your up arrow key to emphasize Safe Mode then hit enter.
    11. Start ‘Ewido Anti-spyware’.
    12. Select the ‘Scanner’ icon at the top and after this the ‘Scan’ tab then click on ‘Complete System Scan’ (To scan complete system).
    13. ‘Ewido’ will now start the scanning process.
    14. After the scan is finish do the following:
    15. If you have any viruses you will prompted, then select ‘Apply all actions’
    16. After that select the ‘Reports’ icon at the top.
    17. Choose the ‘Save report as’ button in the lower left hand of the screen and save it to a .txt file on your system
    18. After doing all this close ‘Ewido’ and reboot your system back into Normal Mode.

l have one suggestion for you to reduce your problem:
    Right-click on the Virus files, after this go to properties and unchecks every option, and then try to delete it? OR change the permissions of the file. OR try to rename the file and then delete it. All or a few of these options might be work. After this restart and check for the file again.
    May have to do so in safe mode as these files are typically loaded when windows OS starts and remains resident to stop such interfering or some cases may need booting to DOS environment i.e. CMD(command prompt). Toying with these files can be very annoying sometimes; don't let it get to you. Permit some time to fix it and memorize every previous step that did work as to stop repeating yourself. One more thing, lock all internet action until delete while working on it for safe assesses.

Yes but after following the Shen, Make sure that System Restore is turned off before we go further. You can turn it back on later on after we get rid of the junk. One question do you require any additional toolbar programs? If not then put checkmarks next to the Yahoo and Google toolbars. Place the checkmarks after that to all the items under and click on fixed check.
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShowWnd] ShowWnd.exe this is a trojan
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: winmyy32 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winmyy32.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
    O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
    O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe.
    I think this all must help you to remove winmyy32.dll virus from your system.