Thread: How do I enable InnoDB storage in phpmyadmin?

How do I enable InnoDB storage in phpmyadmin?

Hi. I am going to install a system at my webpage, but I need InnoDB. I searched around at Google, but I didn't find anything. I found a lot of guides on how to do it in XAMPP, but I don't have XAMPP. I am hosting my webpage at web hosting thing (http://www.000webhost.com/ (I can't afford something better at the moment).
    So... Is there someone here that know how to do this?
    Like enable it using phpmyadmin or something. I really hope someone here can help me

Thanks,
    s10gah

Re: How do I enable InnoDB storage in phpmyadmin?

I can already tell you that if you are hosted with OVH, they simply removed the InnoDB format in shared hosting. No foreign key. You're forced to pay a dedicated server so that you can put. Still if you are interested, I would like to suggest you to check the following link :
    enable innodb using phpmyadmin
    I am sure that you will find your solutions over there.

Ah, ok. Is a virtual server good enough? I already have a virtual server, which costs around 50 dollars a month.
    But then I have another question.
    I have already made a MySql thing, but that was without a password. How do I add a password? Do I need to make a new MySql thing, if you know what I mean?

If you have never set a password root for MySQL, the server does not require ever for all connections from that user. It is recommended to always assign a password to each user. If you set a password for the user root , but you forget, you can choose a new one by following these steps:
    1. Log on the system as an administrator.
    2. Stop the MySQL server if it worked. For a server running as a Windows service, you must go to the service manager:
      Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services
      Then find the MySQL service in the list, and stop it. If your server does not function as a service, try using Task Manager to stop it.
    3. Open a DOS console:
      Start Menu -> Run -> cmd
    4. We are assuming that you installed MySQL to C:\mysql . If you installed elsewhere, adjust the controls. At the command prompt, run this command:
      C: \> C:\mysql\bin\mysqld-nt --skip-grant-tables
      This will restart the server in a special mode that does not check the rights in the tables.
    5. Keep the first console open, and open it in a second, and run the following command (one per line):
      C: \> C:\mysql\bin\mysqladmin -u root
      flush-privileges password "newpwd"
      C: \> C:\mysql\bin\mysqladmin -u root -p shutdown
      Replace "newpwd" by the password root that you want to use. The second command will ask you to enter the password for access credentials. Enter the password you assigned in the first order.
    6. Stop the MySQL server and restart it as usual. If you run MySQL as a service, start it from the service manager. If you start it manually, use your usual command.
    7. You should be able to connect using the new password.