Thread: DIR-615, router, but NO NAT

DIR-615, router, but NO NAT

Hi
    I have a situation where I need to disable the NAT feature of my DIR-615. But I still want to act as a router. I need to route traffic from the wan-port to the LAN-side (LAN-ports+wifi) as any router with a normal firewall. It's ONLY the NAT-feature I want to disable.
    Is that possible on the DIR-615?

Re: DIR-615, router, but NO NAT

As network administrator, you can improve the way in which the other LAN users connecting to instant messaging services. Windows Messenger connects users to services on a LAN instant messages using the same connection used by the default browser, if it finds no other way. This type of connection limits the functionality of Windows Messenger for sending instant messages, and the recognition of connected users. In order for network users can take advantage of improved performance and full functionality, including file transfer, you can configure the proxy server in order to allow direct connection to instant messaging server. If you are sure that you want to disable the NAT, then you will get help from below link :

How to disable NAT

I am sure that you will get appropriate help that you are looking for.

Re: DIR-615, router, but NO NAT

Update

Thanks for the input. It turned out that it is indeed impossible to use the DLink DIR-615 router as a router, unless you use NAT also.... Eventually Dlink's support confirmed that.

I can only advice everyone out there to be careful when selecting "routers",they are not always capable of being just "router". My only choice is to ditch the Dlink and get another product (another brand of course).

...PeO