Thread: How to connect Apple Airport at 5 GHz

How to connect Apple Airport at 5 GHz

Hello everyone.. Actually i have a problem related to the Apple Airport system.
    Actually my apple Macbook Air laptop connects at 2.4 GHz and it also achieves a transmit rate of 130 Mbit/s. Then it either may be on the downstairs or in my upstairs office but just a couple of distance away from my Netgear DGN2000 802.11n router. Here, my Windows laptop connects at 270 Mbit/s through a Netgear router. But the query is that i want to know whether the apple airport can be compelled to run at 5 GHz. Does anyone know how to force the the Macbook Air Airport hardware to connect at 5 GHz?

Re: How to connect Apple Airport at 5 GHz

No, their is no way to force the Macbook Air to connect to a given frequency of 5 GHz on a dual band network, if both bands are using the same network name (SSID). If your Netgear router is broadcasting on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks using the same network name (SSID), then for this you can just have a look, whether the Netgear router has an option to assign a separate name to the 5 GHz network. Once you get the option then you can configure the MacBook to connect to that specific 5 GHz network easily. And this is the only way through which you can compel the system to connect to a specific frequency of 5 GHz.

As posted here by antonio1, the solution provided by him is the basic but very effective solution for compelling macbook air to connect to the apple airport at 5 GHz. Or else you can try for some other solution which i am providing to you. Just go to the below link and have your problem solved..

I had the same issue with it but now after reading this, i ended up with this issue . but when i tried this out seriously guys it worked,at least for me.. If i try to give my 5GHz network a different name I can connect my AE using 5GHz with ease. I tried to change the name of the network whose frequency was 5 GHz and after setting the name of the network i was able to connect to the Airport system without any problem.