Thread: Wireless Router IP Conflict

Wireless Router IP Conflict

I am having three computers with me. I also have the Wireless router. The thing is that I want to have all the three computer connected to the same router. Well it is not that I have never done this before; I have done the same when I was having the wired one, but with the wireless I am finding it extremely difficult to cope up with. I now doubt if that is possible at all. I am not hundred percent sure about the same and hence need some assistance. The thing is that when I try to connect the first system it gets connected with it without any issues but when I try connecting the second I get an error message saying that there is conflict between the IP and then it just kicks both the system, the same thing happens when I try with the other. Any lights.

Re: Wireless Router IP Conflict

Well Aleeza I do not think that you need to have a doubt on the thing. If it was possible with the wired then I am sure that the thing is possible with the wirerless. I think that you will have to manually change the IP address so that the conflicting issues can be solved. Well on your part I think that it would have been nice if you would have posted the router that you are having with you. The thing would have been solved in a much pretty way if you would have done that. In addition to that please post what are the operating systems that you are having on all the three machines? It can also be that the different Operating Systems can cause the similar issues. Hope to see your post soon.

I did not find your post that descriptive that can help us understand the situation that you are going through. Well in such case we all can not have any solution for you. So I was unable to get anything particularly for you. I think that you need to clear some of the basics of yours. I have managed to fetch some of the threads for you and I think that can help you to have your basics cleared on the scenarios that you are facing. Just have a look at that. Wireless networks conflict, Conflict router and wireless mouse, How to connect a wireless router to a wired router.

Let me get it cleared are you try to say that there is an IP address clash with another system that is on the network, and you are seeing an error message like This IP address is already present in the network. You will have to reconfigure it with a different IP address so that it can work. If this is the thing then I would say that this occurs when two or more computers that are on the same LAN network end up with the same IP address. In the case above I would just suggest you to Renew the IP address of the system. I am sure if the IP address of the system will be renewed then all the IP conflict issues will be solved. Just try doing this on each system when you are trying to connect.

We have not heard a word from your side from the long time and hence I believe that you are not able to get the things in the manner that you wanted. Well in that case I think that it will be a nice idea if you can have the Router that you are using at the moment replaced. I probably think that the Router may the real culprit for all the situations. See if the Exchange can help you to have the solution. Well to conclude I am sure that it is possible on the Wireless Router.

If your computer is making use of a static IP address, it will be fine if you can use a somewhat different IP address one in the same subnet. Now the problem may have arisen how to check if the IP address that you are going to use is not in use then the only way for this and simple way is to ping the IP address. Go in the RUN box and type cmd and then there type ping and the IP address that you are going to use eg. ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. See if that can help. Also there is another way to tackle the problem you can make use of the DHCP. DHCP can help you configure the IP address instead of handling the same in the manual manner. The server will assign the appropriate IP address that will be free and will help you to deal with the situation.