Thread: Macbook Air cannot find wireless network

Macbook Air cannot find wireless network

I’m using Macbook air to connect the wireless network where can I use internet. So I have taken it to some new location. But I couldn’t find any active networks there. I was sitting too close to the router. When looked at other users who were having window and linux based laptops I was really shocked. They have an active connection and they couldn’t find any problem while connecting. But I was unable to find even when I uses network name. Is there any idea what kind issues I am facing now?

I think the problem you are facing is not about your macbook air. There may be a chance that some kind of encryption is running on the router which you are trying to connect via wireless mode. The encryption is enabled on wireless router because some organization gives the access of its network to only authorized or registered user. Ask the service provider of that wireless network, so that they fix your issue.

Follow the steps given bellow. May be this could help you.
    1. Reset the Safari or any other browser you are currently using
    2. Check the system clock & date. Incorrect date & time may terminate the connection. If there is hours of difference between system time & router time then it is not possible to connect.
    3. Reinstall the Safari Browser.
    4. Re install the Operating system ( backup the data before reinstalling)

The Macbook air is facing several issues concerning the wireless network connection, internet connection and time outs while browsing. Check for correct wireless settings and the router is broadcasting its network name. Also check the firewall settings on your system. Is it allowing wireless connection? Sometime router firewall also holds your request for network.

If you are using the Macbook Air in airport, café or restaurant select the location status to automatic which is under the section of internet and wireless. You will need to register their website in order to use their service. If the network name list is highlighted in your laptop then you can join the wifi network. If list is not available then the router is not broadcasting its ID. You will need a user name and password to accept the wifi service.

Wireless hotspot may be available around much location. Some wireless networks are password protected. Some requires a special certification or verification via Safari. And some also requires usage charge. The another problem is that some Macbook air version doesn’t support the third party router. It requires its version of apple wifi router. Try to reset the modem factory settings to default. Update software to latest version and turn on WPA/PSK security .