Thread: Avg not working Properly

Avg not working Properly

I freshly installed smart Security And as normal Many fake viruses appear. I did cleaned it from my PC but I was left with one problem. My AVG anti virus will not open! Always I dine the program this message comes up 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.' Every thing working properly (i.e. Internet, task Manager) But avg not responding correctly. So please give me some HELP.

Re: Avg not working Properly

Maybe you downloaded somewhat you not meant to, but maybe i must suggest you to do a 'malwarebytes' scan to remove any unnecessary malware or bugs that was left at the back that may be preventing AVG working. Download the Malwarebyte to your desktop. After this right click on the 'MBAM' icon and then click on rename. Rename it 'xyz.exe'. Install Malwarebyte and initiate it. In the second tab, renew or update it. Once the scan is complete, delete all of item that were originate. It is very important that you let Malwarebyte run for as long as it takes, here in some cases the designers of Malwarebyte recommend that you go do something like watch a re-run of "Gone with the Wind" or read Tolstoy's "War and Peace". And then let me know that your AVG is opening or not.

I have some useful tips for you. I guess you don't have an email scanner. Nothing to freak out concerning. You can right click on that component and select ignore condition or you can uninstall and reinstall. If you use outlook or outlook express or another computer based email-client, then uninstall and reinstall. Making certain you turn on or activate the email-client. If you only use web mail, like Yahoo, MSN, Gmail etc., then you can just select to ignore the error and your avg will show in apple pie working order! I tried this and its easy to do, so try must..
    Last edited by Zachary; 23-10-2010 at 04:19 AM.

hi! First do the one thing, you first uninstall it. After doing this download the latest version of AVG from avg.com. That is the official AVG website and you should get a more precise version. I had the same problem. It wouldn't work accurately with windows XP and i had to uninstall it and try again. The free version is limited evaluated to the full paid version but it will still identify and eliminate Trojans, worms and viruses.Try this. Its really working.

AVG free edition had a nice interface, but is poor at blocking viruses so not very useful. I have tested both Avast Home Edition free version and AVG free version, AVG let me save 70% of the test viruses to my hard disk (drive) only blocking 30% were as Avast blocked 70% of viruses, Avast pulled out the other 30% of the viruses that were in zip files(which use to compress the file) the second i tried to extract them. I use Avast collective with Comodo Pro on my XP home PC and have no troubles with virus's or spyware.
    Last edited by Milton.J; 23-10-2010 at 04:50 AM.