Thread: Unable to open any program

Unable to open any program

I am just about completely locked out of my PC. I am using microsofts Windows 7 and when i try to open more or less any program, nothing take place. This includes IE, Firefox, Ad-aware, Google Chrome, and Malwarebytes. I can't even open my Network Center. Don't know but for some reason IE 64-bit works, which is I am using now, but can't load anything that uses flash. I have tried in safe mode with no change, than also same problem is occur. Please give me some suggestions or tips to get out of this problem?

Re: Unable to open program

hey friend! Just check if your anti-virus software or your computers firewall blocks your programs or what. Just halt or disable it for some seconds, or try to change the settings (Because this is also one of the problem may also take place). Or, if you succeed to open it try to force an anti-virus to do a complete check of your system. Hope you will must find the reason. If still your problem not solve then you attempt to start a program that has an .exe that is file extension, the program may not start, and you may receive one of the following messages : Windows cannot find "FILES32.VXD". This series or program is wanted for opening files of type Application. Or Path is not a valid application.
    Last edited by Steinbach; 23-10-2010 at 12:59 AM.

I thing your system is affected with virus or Some other setting or events that you made but you can not remember it. If this the problem then there are some steps to solve this:
    • Click Start and Control Panel.

• If you are running Windows 7 and the Control Panel is in category view, click Performance and Maintenance.

• Click on Administrative Tools.

• Double-click on the Event Viewer.

• Click on "Application" in the left-hand column.

• Are there any events recorded related to your system?

• If so, double-clicking on the Event will open the Event Properties.

So here your problem must solve.
    Last edited by Orlando; 23-10-2010 at 01:11 AM.

Just use this trick. If you open any program or browser, but can't find to sites which you are searching on the Internet or not start any program, or that web browsing is very slow that you are browsing, you should make sure that you have a excellent connection to the Internet. Microsoft Windows offers a built-in troubleshooter that can automatically search and repair some common problems with IE or any program.
    • Just Open the troubleshooter by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button which you can see on the lower-left corner of the PC, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and click Troubleshooting. Click View all, and then click Internet Explorer Performance.

I think this will must help you to get to the bottom of your problem.

I also had the same problem. perceptibly there had to be a difficulty or trouble with the security settings. My clarification that worked was:
    • Changed the administrator name to what it was when the web pages vacationed great.

• Removed or eliminated the Anti-virus software and Norton Internet Security, shut down the computer and after just restart it: Re-installed Norton IS from installation CD. Then the whole thing worked nicely again, no more irritating messages and all log ins to secure sites worked.