Thread: Is Virus Scanner from Microsoft better?

Is Virus Scanner from Microsoft better?

I am not knowing about the Virus Scanner that belongs to Microsoft. So thought to take some assistance from you guys. Since, last time you all helped me a lot, I thought to post here again my doubt, expecting that you will help as last time . Is Virus Scanner from Microsoft better? Also I want to ask that does Microsoft Security Essentials comes with vulnerability? Please explain me in details as I am newbie to this topic.

Re: Is Virus Scanner from Microsoft better?

Definitely the Microsoft Security Essentials comes with vulnerability. The software giant wants the release of a greater acceptance of anti-virus solutions advertise. Many users would be lulled into a false sense of security because, although they acquired a virus, but this installation is not on the date would have used the side, a company spokesman. Adds that the willingness of users to pay for a PC protection, especially in economic transition countries is extremely low. A release of a free virus scanner is in the eyes of many users a long overdue step from Microsoft - especially because the Windows operating systems of their widespread use of the most frequent targets of malicious programs is due.

The download of around nine megabytes large setup file is on the Microsoft Web page done quickly. A registry to be able to download the virus software is not required. Versions available by the way the program for both Windows XP and Windows Vista and Windows 7 (32 - and 64-bit). The installation has worked well from simple - so far the users have the required administrator rights has, has a Windows license validated and can not be bothered to determine the installation directory itself. At the end of the setup routine, the virus definitions yet brought up to date and, where appropriate, would also be download program updates.

The installation is completed, vanishes Microsoft Security Essentials as a small icon in the taskbar. With a simple click, the user enters the application and there can inform not only the current status of its protection and manually download new virus definitions, but also make settings. This area, the developers, however, of intentionally simple to most users not to overwhelm with too many configuration options. In addition to scheduled system checks the user can specify here actions to take place in the event of a virus or malware discovery, for example, how to delete the data file immediately, or written to be quarantined. Furthermore, certain types of files and processes from review and real-time protection for the rapid identification of suspect code snippets are disabled.

Particularly interesting is the point SpyNet. This is according to Microsoft, an online community that support the user not only when dealing with potential threats but also prevent the spread of malware and infections should. Therefore, the user must, however, some data to the software giant. Submitted to collect information that can provide information about the source from which the infected file is, actions of users by using Security Essentials undertaken which has, for example, to delete the virus and what was the success of the actions.

Submitted to collect information that can provide information about the source from which the infected file is, actions of users by using Security Essentials undertaken which has, for example, to delete the virus and what was the success of the actions.
    It is basically nothing objectionable, but there are explanations in the SpyNet a small passage, the user is informed that there may in some cases, the
    Microsoft Security Essentials scans the computer inadvertent transmission of private data. And since we are already at a major weak point of the free virus software. For, in view of the fact that Windows PCs are not only private but also be used in a business environment to include use of Microsoft Security Essentials from practical. Annoying is that the users of the software side has no way to disable the function.