Thread: Macbook Airport does not see wireless networks/Bootcamp Windows 7 does

Macbook Airport does not see wireless networks/Bootcamp Windows 7 does

I have MacBook from last couple of months now in recent time it giving trouble while searching for network it is not able to search available network. There is network present but the Airport in MAcBook is not able to get, some time it picks up the network but for the extremely low signal strength when the wireless router is present in the same location. Usually it have connecting issue and eventually the network disappears from macbook Airport. I was not able to fix the problem and the reason for it so i got third party USB wifi stick but still the problem remain then i did the Bootcamp to run Windows 7 on my Macbook using Windows 7 it was able to get the signal with great strength and was able to use built in Airport hardware for receiving great signal. So i want to know if anybody facing such problem and have the solution for the same so that i can also apply the same to resolve my problem my Macbook Airport.

Re: Macbook Airport does not see wireless networks/Bootcamp Windows 7 does

You can try out the things by moving to Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences/System Configuration/ where just delete some of the directories like com.apple.airport.preferences.plist and preferences.plist. There you might need the username and password if it is applicable thereafter you need to restart your computer and then see if your macbook Airport is able to get the proper signals for your macbook.

This may be possible that your Airport is crapped fully because of which it is not able to work with your MacBook because of which you are not able to search all the available networks and if it is searching then that is of extremely low strength. So i suggest you if possible go for the usb wifi which may to some extend help you to resolve your problem of signal not able to search.

You can try to solve your problem of macbook airport by placing the access point in your "Preferred networks" list appropriately. You can do this setting as Preferences>Network>Airport and use the + and - sign to add the proper network. For this you should have unique SSID on and not just the factory which is default. If you are using any 2.4GHz devices then it can affect your wireless connection which you are using at your place in macbook. You can try this solution which might your macbook airport problem.