Thread: Microsoft Security Essentials has stopped working after update

Microsoft Security Essentials has stopped working after update

I am using the Windows 7 operating system on my Acer laptop and the performance of the system was good and then i downloaded the Microsoft security Essential which was running very good on the system but last night i tried to update the Microsoft Security Essential from the Microsoft website which created a number of the problem in the process and after that i was not able to update the software and the software crashes. The software is not responding after the update and the security to system is not there so what is the problem and how can i overcome these trouble any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated to overcome the issue as my laptop security is not there so reply in quick time with the answer.

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials has stopped working after update

Before going to the solution first tell me about the Microsoft Security Essentials software and from where you have downloaded it from. Also provide information on the error messages that you get at the time of the update of the MSE. The internet connection that you are using fro the update, these information will help me to understand the problem in a better way and to resolve the issue.

I have downloaded the software from the Microsoft website as they have provided the MSE download and the update in the download section. The internet connection that i am using is a broadband connection. The connection is terminated during the update it provides a error message as Microsoft Security Essentials won't update Error 0x80240022 and you have try again to resolve these issue and update the software. So, please provide me a procedure to update the software that is the MSE and is there any manual way to update the MSE any suggestion on the topic will be helpful to overcome the problem.

There are some precaution that you have to take before you go for the update of the Microsoft Security Essentials which are to install the accurate version of the Microsoft Security Essentials bug and spy ware description updates; you should be familiar with whether Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 is running in a 32-bit or a 64-bit operating background. In addition, you should be logged on to Windows as an administrator. If you are not certain of your Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 environment category, or if you require help verify that you are an administrator on the laptop, visit the following Microsoft Web site link. Click the link here to verify that you have the proper access to update the MSE or not.

As you have suggested that verify the system for the Administrator access from the Microsoft website and i have done the same and got the access to update the Microsoft Security Essentials. Now what next i have to do in order to download and update the MSE and from where i have to proceed for further support on the topic, please provide the proper help and suggestion to resolve the problem.

After you confirm the operating environment, download the suitable update version of the series. To do this, follow these steps:
    Download the Microsoft Security Essentials bug and spy-ware description modernize file that is proper for your description of Windows. To download the file for a 32-bit (x86-based) description of Windows, snap the subsequent link: click here and To download the file for a 64-bit version of Windows, snap the subsequent link: click here . The point that should be kept in mind You should be administration a 64-bit description of Windows to run a 64-bit description of Microsoft Security Essentials. 64-bit versions of Windows comprise x64-based description of Windows. Snap Run to install the description modernize file right away. Or, click Save to save the file to the laptop. If you click Save, keep in mind the folder where you saved the box file. Then install the application and then try to resolve your issue and these time it will be resolve easily.

To update the Microsoft security Essentials from the website you have to first click on the update button link and when the description update file runs, a file pulling out dialog box appears. The dialog box indicates that the description update is installing. Subsequent to the file pulling out dialog box closes, you can confirm that the bug and spy-ware definitions have been updated. To do this, unlock Microsoft Security Essentials, snap Update, and then inspect the virus and spy-ware definitions position, if after following these steps you don’t get the update done and the problem then too exists then you can contact the Microsoft for further support and help on the given topic. The other method is available when you are not able to update from the website, you just need to download the appropriate patch files for the update on the system and then try to update the Microsoft security Essentials.

Microsoft Security Essentials has stopped working after update

I had upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista. This was done last week when everything works fine. I got a security tool from Windows 7 called as Microsoft Security Essentials. This tool was integrated with Windows and was quiet effective also. After using the same for some while I found that it needs updates like other security tool. I had run the updates. But when the update was done I got a popup message on the screen saying that the tool was updated. But after that it does not started automatically after reboot on startup. I had checked the same in msconfig, the software is properly listed under startup. I disabled that first and then enabled it back again. But still it is not working at all. I had tried to run it directly by double clicking it before but the ring does not goes from the screen. It keeps rotating and nothing happens after that. I cannot remove the same as I do not know how to install the same back. Does this will work by restoring my operating system. When I installed office there was a restore point created by the same. There are only few points mentioned in the list but I am not sure whether that will work or not. What are the other recommended tool similar to Microsoft security essential.

This looks like failure of this application while restarting after when you boot the computer. When you restart do you got any bug report on your screen. It is a error reporting service by Microsoft which gives you technical detail of the application failure. If you click on the details then you can get the technical specification of the same. That will simply help you to have a look on the cause of the application failure. For fixing the same you have to click on submit report and you will receive updates for the issue from Microsoft. So do not forget to keep your update on. Basically the MSE starts automatically when you reboot your system. It is configured in the startup services and also in the registry of Windows. It is possible that while updating the application there was some misconfiguration due to which the application crash to load. You can here try to run system restore service. This will definitely help you to restore your old settings back and then once again you run fresh updates for Security essential. I will also advice not to rely on this service alone. Along with this you must keep a better antivirus solution also. Some of them are Norton or Kaspersky. You can download just a Antivirus suite of a full internet security solution for this. I will recommend to install a internet security package for that. They also protect your system for online threats line infected mails attachments, spyware, adware, malware, etc. Run system restore once and then check again in msconfig.

Simply go on the official site of Microsoft and download Microsft Security Essential. It is available for free. You can uninstall the same from Control Panel and then remove the application. Then you can run a fresh setup of the file again to reconfigure the application. I think the update was not done properly due to which the software fail to perform. I had provided a direct link below by which you can download the software. Just click on it and run the setup. It is true that you must not reply on a single application for the security of your system. That is risky. So better get a antivirus solution. There are ample of services that provide security solution for free and as well as for paid version. If you want a free service but quiet poweful then you can go for Comodo Internet Security. I found this very effective on my system.
    MSE Downlaod

MSE is designed for providing real-time protection for your system. It helps to fight against spyware, virus and other malicious applications that work in your computer without your knowledge. If you are not surfing internet on regular basis then it is recommend you to use this tool as the primary for protection. But if you check are online for longer hours the this is not the only recommended solution for you. To fix the issue in your system regarding MSE run system restore. I will also recommend you to use Malwarebytes with this application. This tool scan for malware's in your system and work pretty well. Today a system is not safe and virus can enter your system from any source. It can be from usb, email, software, etc. MSE cannot be considered as a full security support for the system. For a quick troubleshooting the only option is to disable the service from msconfig startup tab and then re-enable the same back again. But that you had done already so the only option stays here for you is to remove it from Control panel and then re-install it back again. Download for this are provided by many sites. A better alternative for a full online solution is Norton. The only issue with Norton Security suite is that it slows down your computer while MSE works quietly in the background. I had also noticed that MSE is not effective for trojan viruses. They are not able to delete them completely. The most important problem is that new virus can easily bypass the system security and work in the background.

I am using BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 antivirus in my system. It is a full security pack which helps the system to protect from spyware, malware and the most important identity theft attacks. So if you are surfing online then it is recommended to use any powerful utility that can help to make your system much secure. MSE does not offers you quiet a good customizable option. So you have to use optimum features that comes with the software other than this nothing more work. While here bitdefender offers you a virus and spyware protection. You have privacy option and a new add-on feature called a Surf Safely. This monitors the website which you are accessing. I am quiet happy with the protection provided by this tool and on the same hand I am also using MSE in the background without removing it completely. It keeps scanning the system at the time of any virus attack.