Thread: DNS changer virus rampant

DNS changer virus rampant

Recently bought a DELL computer with the windows 7 operating system, which is running fine. Using the internet service from the home network. But from the few days that there is virus or something else which is changed the DNS name of the machine , I found it while I send a mail to one of the e-mail id, and after that it return to me and gives the message that the mail is not delivered to the desired mail ID. After I also look it while make a payment through online, the machine asked me for the social security and the credit card number etc. I searched the whole computer with the latest updated Antivirus software but it also detects nothing in the registry. There is no separate DNS showing also the name of the ISP. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated….
    Last edited by Rihanna; 20-10-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Re: Browser crash when viewing live cam streams

I had the similar issue in my computer, where a virus will vanishes the name of the DNS and the ISP. I searched everywhere but found nothing. After that one of my friend advised me with a simple solution to check the whether the DNS is hijacked or not from the computer. I would like to suggest you to go through the steps which will definitely help you. To check the DNS you should go to the control panel of your computer from the START menu the go to services under the Administrator tool and there look for the DNS client. You will get a list of the DNS name fater double click on it, make it disable and stop the process and hit on ENTER. If you are in the network wizard then you will have to use the "active directory domains". So by disable the DNS clients the internet service will work fine.

I had the relevant issue into my HP computer, the issue is like the same, and the DNS name is not appeared for the some of the while after that it will again appears automatically. After that I searched everywhere for the solution and found that there are some “Trojan DNS hijack” are available in the different web-sites. Just download it and apply this into your machine, but remember that during the process of the installation do not connect you machine with the internet. Run the Virus scan and it will results you for no virus scan detection in the computer. Also do not plug the Ethernet cable into the machine.

There are some Malwarebytes or Anti-Malware are available, which are freeware. This might be the only fix for the issue that you mentioned in your post. It is great software. I fix the similar issue with the software and it works. Just simply download the software which is available in different web-sited and install it to the machine which is affected. A reboot will be required after the installation, do this. And then restart the machine in the Safe mode and make a full scan, it may take more depend upon the data those are stored in your hard disk, wait for it and after the completion of the scan, the virus that you mentioned will removed from the machine. It will found the virus like the trojans, dialers, DNS.Changer. Try this it will hope fully help you.

As per my knowledge the solution that you are looking for that will not be work to remove DNS name hijacker. But there is a solution which will apply while you are using the two identical computers at the same network. Nay way I just giving you the process to how to do this later you may use it if you wish. For that just pull drive of the infected computer and replace it with the other one. Put the infected drive as a slave. Boot the machine with the clean drive and along with that run the Malware software which will detect the infection which is creating problem in with the DNS name. And then scan the drive and after found the virus fix the issue. This will hopefully help you; just go through this if you have any other computer to test it. You can also do this by making a clone of the real computer for that you need the drive copy and some of the software’s that will create the exact copy of the infected computer.

similar issue the virus is totally captured my computer with the and also the take away me from the internet, I am not able to open the device manager of my computer also can’t access some other services. I have the Malware Byte application but can’t run it in cause of the virus affection. When I first run the virus scan it give me the result of more than 10 infections, I remove all of them and then make a reboot after the operation. But it was wrong, after the reboot I again attempt scan and that time it will again give me the same result, with the RED mark, along with that few warning messages. Also the problem is it sometimes freezes for a while and will not return into the normal position till I reboot the machine by turning off the computer directly, it also hampers the machine. I can able to do one thing without any problem which is start the computer in the safe mode, but in this mode how can I do something to overcome from the problem? Any suggestion will be appreciated….