Thread: Ubuntu 10.04 and HP Mini 1000: Wireless connectivity problem

Ubuntu 10.04 and HP Mini 1000: Wireless connectivity problem

Hello friend,
    Recently bought a HP Mini laptop with the 1GB RAM and the 256 MB of the hard disk drive, installed the Ubuntu 10.04 on my laptop. It is a good operating system running under the machine. I used the machine for the access of the internet connection. But form the few days I found that the wireless connection is not working properly, I am using the wifi connection from my home network. Some the connection may drop or I can’t connect it with the modem. I am using this operating system first time, so nay one is there suggest me any idea on the issue?
    Last edited by SaleemJI; 20-10-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 and HP Mini 1000: Wireless connectivity problem

You should check the plug-in in the operating system with the wireless connection of the router, because I think that it is issue with the wireless connectivity not in the operating system. Wireless cheap card are sometimes corrupt the correction and then remove the Linux drivers those are using for that or any script of the wireless connection. So make sure the windows driver are properly installed I the wireless connectivity.

I think the driver software that you are using with the operating system is not properly compatible with the wireless connection, so there is a Broadcom's STA driver, which is mainly used for the Linux operating system; it is a good one for the wireless connectivity. I would like share some information about the STA driver that may help you to configure the wireless with your laptop. The driver comes with the package of the IEEE 802.11a in different versions, this driver will compatible for both the 32 and the 64-bit operating system. It designed to give the performance with all the interfaces of the operating system and with the layer file.

I think the driver which is installed in the laptop for the model is not installed properly in the machine. To check that go to System and then go to Administrator and click on the Hardware drivers, look for the driver which is for the Broadcom wireless internet service. Install it with the appropriate option. And then try to connect the wireless internet connection, also make sure that the Ethernet cable is also plugged properly with the device before the connectivity with the wifi.

The operating system that you are using very causes for any type of the operation, if any software or the application will not installed properly in the machine then will not work at the time of the execution. For the wireless connection I think there should be the Broadcom driver will use. I suggest you to reinstall the driver will fresh process, and after the un-install the previous driver remove all the files those are used for the previous one. Just download the appropriate driver according to your system model and then make a temporary directory into your machine. Make sure that there no other driver is installed in the system. After the installation make the changes that you want for the wifi connectivity, and then try this one to connect with the Internet. I hope after that there will no problem will occur.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever