Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Pro's and Cons Of different Neworking OS's

Networking & Security

Old 20-10-2010

Post Pro's and Cons Of different Neworking OS's

Hi, I am relatively new to networking with experience in Windows Servers only, and a bit of some others. What I would like to know is the Good and not so good things about other server softwares like Solaris, Linux, BSD etc....in comparison to the Windows Offerings. Also I would like to know which of these servers would be the best in certain roles....like file server, authentication, web hosting....etc. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

Old 27-10-2010

Re: Pro's and Cons Of different Neworking OS's

If I'm not mistaken the core is the same, it's what's around that changes. Depending on the manufacturer of the network operating system, we have the network software for a personal computer can be added to the computer's operating system itself or integrated with it. Also the Solaris, Linux, BSD are considered to be more secure than Windows operating system due to many reasons. One important reason is that virus doesn't effect (maybe to some extent) Solaris, Linux, BSD as windows operating system.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,