Thread: Configuration issues in NetGear RangeMax WPN824

Configuration issues in NetGear RangeMax WPN824

I had an internet issue, so decided to change my old router and buy a new one. So I bought NetGear RangeMax WPN824 router. I installed it as I did my previous router. Then for a while it was working fine, but after it stops, my toter gets disconnected and I lose my internet acces. It happens at least twice or thrice a day. The connection retains only when I have restarted the sytem. I do not know whether the issue is with the drivers or the router itself.

Re: Configuration issues in NetGear RangeMax WPN824

As you mentioned you replaced your old router with a new one, so your IP address settings and the DNS settings might have changed. Check the IP address. Go to the setup page of your router . Press the rest button of the router located at the back of the router and hold it for about 10 seconds. This should be done while the computer is connected to one of 1,2,3 and 4 port of the router. Open any web browser and type in the address bar http://192.168.1.1 .

If the Ip address is the valid IP address and the DNS settings are correct then check for the TCP/IP properties.ie if you cannot obtain the IP address and the DNS setting, it can be obtained through TCP/IP properties. Go to control panel then to Network connection, right click on network connection then make sure it is set to obtain the IP address and DNS setting automatically.Restart the system and try to browse again.

Power cycle the router and check whether it works. Some time it is essential to power cycle the equipments.Power cycling is one of the common steps in case of internet connection failure. To power cycle a router turnoff the system, unplug all the cables from the back of the CPU or tower, unplug all the cables from the router. If you are using a laptop remove the battery. wait for 30 seconds and then press and hold the power button of the router for 10 to 15 seconds, this will help to drain the residual power from the router. Connect all the cables of the tower and the router back to their respective ports. Turn on the system and connect to the internet.

Check for the valid IP address and bad IP address. Also check for the default gateways. If the IP address begins with 169.xxx.xxx.xxx, then it is not a valid address, when a router does not receive any signal from the service provider then it gives up and makes up an IP address for itself. This issue can be resolved by rebooting everything.
    When an IP address 0.0.0.0 is encountered remove and reseat the network card installed in the motherboard.