Thread: When will Microsoft fix security essentials automatic updating?

When will Microsoft fix security essentials automatic updating?

I am having the commuter with Windows XP installed in it. I have to update the MSE by myself. I don’t know when the Microsoft is going to fix this problem. I am expecting that it may get fixed before the general release. Can anyone tell me that what is going on? It is not updating at all. I have the latest version of antivirus in my system and the latest antivirus database definition. Please help me to solve this problem. This is very frustrating problem and I have to solve it as early possible.

Re: When will Microsoft fix security essentials automatic updating?

I am seeing the same issue with the Windows 7 RC and Vista in many of the cases of other users. I also like this program very much and the worst disadvantage about this is the problem with its updating. This has been complained by many other users also. The best way to get this issue solved is to have MSE do a check for updates at boot. This would be the best way for at least those users who use their computer for 24/7. So if you don’t leave your computer for 24x7 then you should do this.

My problem is that whenever I surf on internet then I found that the pages take more time than normal loading time which is very frustrating. When tried to know the reason for that then I found that the problem is that Microsoft Security Essentials continuously downloading the updates for itself. When I tries to cancel the download then I was not able to cancel that and the status shows almost done with update. This is because the automatic update is turned on and I want to turn off the automatic update for it. Please tell me how can I disable the automatic update and if you have any alternate solution for this then please tell me that also. I will be thankful to all the people for their replies. Thank you.

It’s very easy to turn off the automatic update for your security essentials. All you have to do is just go to the control panel and you will find the option for automatic update. There you can change the Automatic Updates settings for your Windows Automatic Updates and set it to notify or download to a particular time. By this way you can do that but I recommend you to not turn off the automatic update because it will be risky for your computer. That is up to you that if you want to speed up your computer or you want the computer security. That was just my suggestion and that is up to your choice that what you want to do.

The problem for you is that the browser for you is not loading the pages properly and it may be because you are trying to disable the automatic update completely off. Disabling the automatic update may also harm your system but Microsoft Security Essentials update should not create any problem for the internet explorer. You may have problem with the browser that you are using and that may be causing the problem like slow loading of the web pages. You can try to use some other web browser to access the internet and see if that solves the issue for you or not. If that is the problem with the browser then changing the browser will definitely solve the problem for you.

You can do the following to solve the issue.
    • If you are using the dialup connection for internet then this problem is obvious and you need to get away from Dial-up connection.
    • Delete the cookies file from your computer.
    • After that reboot your computer

I can just think of these problems and the most likely problem for this is that you may have too many cookies in your system