Thread: can not update MSE

can not update MSE

I am getting the continuous message from Microsoft Security Essentials that the updates are out of dates and I need to update it. To update that, I clicked on the update button that was there on it and it started updating tat. When it finishes the update then I rebooted the system and when Windows started again, It again shows me the same message that the update are out of date and I need to update it to make my system safe. I can see an orange icon with a “!” sign on my task bar constantly. Please tell me that how can I resolve this problem? I think that I to change the antivirus with some other antivirus software which I dont want to do.

Re: can not update MSE

Have you tried the manual update to the antivirus and getting the same error? Which definitions have you installed on it? If you want to see this then you can see that on update tab. It will show you the details like the date created, version, etc. You can also compare the version with the versions listed at Microsoft site. Click here if you want to see the versions. This will redirect you to Microsoft site that have the list of versions available on right side. Download the latest version and see whether that help you or not.

You can try the below mentioned solution if you are not able to resolve it. Just right click on the clock system tray and it will show you various options. Select the Adjust Date and Time from it and it will open a new window. There you have to verify month, day, year, hour, minutes and time zone and if any of them is not correct then make the appropriate correction to that. Save that. If you have changed any of that then you have to reboot your system and after that again try to update the software. I am not sure that it will definitely work but it helps some people to solve such issues and I wish that it will help you too.

One of the possible reason for this is that you are conflicting the in security software that is installed on your computer fully or partially on your computer. You may have more than one antivirus software on your computer which is creating problem for you. One software is interfering with the functionality of the other software. Make sure that you have only one Antivirus in your system and if you have more than one then you can remove the other one or you can disable that for the time you are updating the antivirus. As far as possible just keep only one antivirus in your system and that is enough for your system to protect but keep that up to date.

I also had the similar problem with a new install on my computer. I don’t have any earlier anti-malware software installed on my computer. The Security Center reported that the MSE is out of date and each time when I try to update, this seems to update but after that it came back to same screen and it says that is it out of date. After that I corrected the system date and time on my computer and rebooted the system and now I find everything is running fine for me. You should make sure that you have rebooted the system because the correction will not take effect until you reboot the system.