Thread: MSE Multiple Scans

MSE Multiple Scans

Friends, I am using the Microsoft Security Essentials to protect my computer against the virus attach and malware infection and it is working fine. I have all the expected features in it but the only think that I don’t know that where is it is the setting that where I can put together two or more different scheduled scans for my computer. I want to ask you that whether it has this feature or not and if not then can you tell me any way so that I can request that feature. Please post your suggestion for this.

Re: MSE Multiple Scans

I think that there is already a provision for scheduling additional scans in Task Scheduler. These scans will not be throttled as the ones listed within Security Essentials therefore they will make use of about twice the resources and in half minute it finishes it. That is why the result will also vary depending on the level of resource on your computer. If you use the Task Scheduler then also it will scan the precisely on time. This will avoid the indecision issue we can see in Security Essentials scans.

I think that that there is problem with your java and you have to update the java. There are some recent updates for thin in this week. I think that it is the problem because when I was not able to set the multiple scans then this was the real problem and for that I updated the java and the problem got solved. Before doing that I tried many things but that was useless and I was not able to resolve that but when I updated the java the issue get solved and now I can set the multiple scan on my computer. I hope that updating the java may also help you to get the issue fix.

I have another problem with the Microsoft Security Essentials. The problem is that it takes a long time for MSE to complete the full scan of the system. On other computer with some other antivirus software application, it takes about 1 hour to complete a full scan of the system. And when I /do same thing with MSE then it take about 5 more hours to complete that and sometimes it take more than that also. The last scan that I did was started at 10:47am and after 4 hours also it is continued and it in half the way for completion. I am running the beta version. The last version that I was using was also getting more time but this time it is more than that also. Is there anyone who have any idea about this and how can I resolve this? Please help me.

Have you installed any other security software along with your Microsoft Security Essentials or have you any antivirus on before this? I am asking this because if that is the case then it will slow down the process of MSE and it will take more time to scan. You should disable the other antivirus and scan with MSE and see the difference in timing for the scan. I think this will decrease the time in a large amount. Other antivirus software may be conflicting the processing of the MSE. You should not keep more then one antivirus software at the same time on the same computer. I hope that removing the other antivirus will reduce the scan time for your computer.

There may be problem with the version of the software that you have downloaded and install. You should download the fresh copy of the software from internet. Uninstall the existing one and install the new one that you have downloaded and see whether it is working or not. If you are getting the same problem again and again then I think that you have to switch back to non beta version from the beta version as you told that it was taking less time than the current one and According to me that is only the possible solution for you. I hope that you will get the much better solution from this soon. Good Luck !!!