Thread: Cannot run OEM Scan and Nlite issues

Cannot run OEM Scan and Nlite issues

Friends, I want to integrate on one dvd XP Media Center Edition, XP Tablet Edition, XP Pro all on one disc. I want to have all their updates. I want to use the Oemscan for activating the OEM but it should be completely unattached while installation and then I want it to install drivers and some other software. Below is what I am using to do that.
    • To integrate oemscan : Ryan VM
    • Mrsmartepants (oem scan addon)
    • To add addon : Nlite
    • CD Shell
    • Latest Driver Packs

If you have any suggestion or any link which can help me then please post that here. I am a hardware guy therefore I am not very familiar with all these. Thank you.

Re: Cannot run OEM Scan and Nlite issues

If you are not able to get the OEM scan to work and if you want to integrate that then you can follow the steps given below.
    First of all you have to install the service packs, updates, and addons with the help of Nlite.
    • To install oem smartepants addon you have to use Ryan VM.
    • After that you have to drag and drop the OEM keys into OEM folder which will be there in working XP directory.
    • Once you are done with this then you have to use the driverpacks for drivers.
    In my case, I just point it to my directory and after that it will do other things by itself.

I have other problem with the addons. Whenever I bookmark any page on my home computer then it does not get syncing with the website and it shows me some message which says "Bookmark syncing failed". I have installed the latest version of the add-on for Firefox 3 which is running under Vista x64. Please help me.

I was also facing the similar problem of syncing with the website earlier and was getting the same message that you have mentioned. The site that I bookmark can be appearing in the Delicious sidebar but cannot be added to the Delicious site. I tried many things to solve that but nothing was helpful to me and finally when I turned off the RefControl then I found that the issue is gone. You should also try this and I wish that it will help you too.