Thread: How can I submit a virus sample to Microsoft

How can I submit a virus sample to Microsoft

Microsoft security essential offers a real-time protection and a quick scan mode, complete or custom. This operation is programmable in time and form. Microsoft Security Essentials offers protection against viruses, spyware and other malware. This suite, free will be available in both 32 and 64 bit Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. Can anybody know that how can I submit a virus sample to Microsoft . Please suggest. Thanks.

Re: How can I submit a virus sample to Microsoft

Follow the instructions below if you have symptoms of infection on your computer (such as pop up unwanted ads, software that is installed without your knowledge, warning messages of the Internet, etc. ..) :
    1.Run the update from Microsoft Windows to apply the critical patches needed. Please Click here to run the update utility (Update Utility)
    2.Make update signature files of your CA Anti-Virus and CA Anti-Spyware
    3.Unplug your cable network or Internet connection to prevent damage from viruses / spyware damage
    4.Disable System Restore feature. Please Click here for instructions. (Only for Windows XP and ME)
    5.Restart Windows in Safe Mode. Click here if you want the 'aid to boot into Safe Mode.
    6.Run a complete scan of the system with CA Anti-Virus.

From the moment at least one tool has discovered something, your file is automatically sent to all other service tools (do not send confidential information). When a file is suspicious and want to have it analyzed by several antivirus simultaneously, there VirusTotal (32 antivirus and anti-spyware, at the time of this writing, simultaneously analyze your file). Unfortunately, the uploaded file (which can be a compressed archive containing multiple files) is limited to 10 MB. When a file larger than 10MB must be analyzed, and up to 15 MB, it is service Jotti's malware scan (15 antivirus and anti-spyware, at the time of this writing, simultaneously analyze your file) or Virus . Org (18 virus).

Present worldwide, our research centers on security analysis and offer unparalleled protection against malware, security risks, vulnerabilities and spam. This name is determined as follows:
    * prefix, the route of infection (macro virus, Trojan horse, Ver ...) or the operating system concerned;
    * a word expressing its special or flaw that exploits (Swen is an anagram of News, an anagram of Admin Nimda, Sasser exploits a vulnerability LSASS, ...);
    * in a version number suffix (the viruses are often taken the form of variants with similarities to the original version).

If the file has already been analyzed by VirusTotal you are asked to immediately consult the archive of this analysis (the time from which this analysis was made is indicated). You can ask what this file is re-analyzed. The answer is almost immediately on the screen (see screenshot) or, if the server is busy, an e-mail is required to send it to you as soon as possible. The file that is requested analysis should not exceed 10 megabytes (but this may be a compressed file type archive (. Zip) containing many files).
    # Only if the file that you request is confidential analysis, click on "Distribute" so as to get a red cross icon. This will protect your privacy by prohibiting the sending of your file to various publishers if one of them discovered a parasite.
    # Click on Browse to browse your disks and select a file to be submitted.
    # Click "Send" to send your file
    # Wait for the result of the analysis.

Check the steps:
    1. Click here All_boot.exe to download the file. (This file allows users of Norton AntiVirus products which have installed the quarantine to make a copy of the master boot record and submit to Symantec Security Response for analysis).
    2. Save the file to the root of the first drive of the first disc. (In most cases it is the root of drive C).
    3. If you use Windows Explorer, double-click the file C: \ All_boot.exe to run it. (You can also do it from the command line). The file C: \ Boot.dat is created.
    4. Close the DOS window.
    5. Click "Add Items" in the console to quarantine the file in quarantine. For instructions, see the document How to put a file in quarantine (How to place a file in Quarantine).
    6. Boot.dat select the file, click Send, then follow the prompts on the screen.
    7. Symantec will respond to your request within one working week.

There are two ways to submit files to Sophos for verification: using the submission form online and sending an email. Files must be in a format that is not automatically intercepted by security software gateway (eg a zip file protected by password). They must also be accompanied by information as to why they were sent and who sent them. User makes a submission via the web form must necessarily comply with regulations concerning the secure exchange of data. This is because the web form is encrypted using HTTPS. Other channels such as email remain usable, but are encrypted and therefore do not conform to regulations concerning the secure exchange of data.

There are two ways to submit files to Sophos for verification

* the submission form online
    * by sending an email.

Files must be in a format that is not automatically intercepted by security software gateway (eg a zip file protected by password). They must also be accompanied by information as to why they were sent and who sent them.

Please report any strange behavior prompted you to send the sample. Describe it as best as possible. It is not necessary to use the technical vocabulary.

If you can not submit your sample on our website, send an email. If possible, set your email as outlined below in English.

* We are able to process e-mails and files submitted in other formats, but the time will probably be longer.
    * If this is possible, attach a summary of the problem in English. The emails written entirely in other languages will be processed as quickly as possible, however, the translation may possibly delay treatment.