Thread: Not able to remove Network Drive in Windows XP

Nuronex Guest

Not able to remove Network Drive in Windows XP

I have a desktop machine which is been installed with Windows Xp. The problem is that I am not able to remove a network drive. When I execute or click on it it opens up well in Network shgare but when I try to disconnect it, It says "The network connection could not be found" Also when I try to remap it it gives an error message as "The local device name is already in use" Please help me out for getting sort of the issue.

Re: Not able to remove Network Drive in Windows XP

There is a better way of getting sort of the issue. All you need to do is to open up the command prompt and then function out by removing the driver that you want to. Suppose the drive or the network drive you need to remove is drive E then all you need to do is to open the start menu option now open up the Al programs option. Under the same you may get Accessories and then check out for Command Prompt. Now under the desired driver you need to remove get substituted and then type net use E: /delete. As this is been done the network drive you need to remove will then be removed or deleted well as required. Look out for the change and then function accordingly. This will be helpful.

There are certain parameters which needs to be processed or followed wel for getting the network drive to be connected. If you wish you to connect the drive from My Network Places all you need to do is to follow the procedure that is Click Start, click My Network Places, click Entire Network, and then double-click Microsoft Windows Network. Now Double-click the domain that you want to open. Double-click the computer that has the shared resource you want to map. All the shared resources for that computer automatically appear in the window. Right-click the shared drive or folder that you want to map, and then click Map Network Drive. Click the drive letter that you want to use, and then specify whether you want to reconnect every time that you log on to your computer. Click Finish. As you have processed the same the drive will now be connected well.

Another aspect that is making a drive to be connected from My Computer or Windows Explorer. Follow out the procedure well which will be beneficial and you may then get to a better conclusion well for the change. Do work out well by sorting the thing as needed and required. All you need to do is to connect a drive from My Computer, click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Explore. To connect a drive from Windows Explorer, right-click Start, and then click Explore. On the Tools menu, click Map Network Drive. In the Drive box, click a drive letter. In the Folder box, type the UNC path for the server and shared resource in the following format: \\server name\share name. You can also click Browse to find the computer and shared resource. This is the best way through which you can make the issue to be processed and sorted well as required. So do look out and function for the change as needed. It will be better and you may then be able to perform the task.

For your information you need to and can perform the task well without any problem. Follow out the desired steps which is been mentioned in the second post by getting to the command prompt option. You may then get to a better conclusion. Also you can map shared drives and shared folders. When you access a shared drive or folder you can also access subfolders if you have the appropriate permissions. However, you cannot map a drive for a subfolder that is not explicitly configured as a shared resource. I would recommend you to look out for the thing and get it processed as required. Check out.