Thread: Not able to uninstall Windows Live Essentials - through C:\Program Files\Windows Live\installer\wlarp.ex

Not able to uninstall Windows Live Essentials - through C:\Program Files\Windows Live\installer\wlarp.ex

I am getting tired from the start-up Windows Live Message pop-ups and that is why I have decided to uninstall the Windows Live Essential. In this when I have tried to uninstall it through the control panel using the Add Remove program at that time I was unable to uninstall it. Then I have tried to uninstall it through Programs and Features and so I tried the C:\Program Files\Windows Live\installer\wlarp.ex steps below. But also I was not able to complete it. So please tell me how to get free from this problem.

Re: Not able to uninstall Windows Live Essentials - through C:\Program Files\Windows Live\installer\wlarp.ex

I was also facing the similar issue and regarding this I have tried some of the steps with no success. But then I have taken the help from cousin he told me that at the time when you are trying to uninstall it through the Control Panel at that time nothing will happen. Then you would like to uninstall it through your computer but at the same time you will not able to see this from your list of the programs which are in the control panel’s Add/Remove Programs list. So go to the program file and from there you just delete the folder of this. I think that much is enough.

Re: Not able to uninstall Windows Live Essentials - through C:\Program Files\Windows Live\installer\wlarp.ex

I think regarding this I have a solution but the thing is that I have this solution only for the Windows XP operating system. So if you are windows XP user then I think you have to try this it will fix your issue. So the troubleshooting steps for windows XP is:
    1. There you just tick on the Start button and after that press the Run.
    2. And when you got the run window you just type the C:\Program Files\Windows Live\installer\wlarp.exe and then press the Enter button.
    3. Then you will get the new window. There you choose the Uninstall and tick on Continue.
    4. Choose the Windows Live Program that you wish to uninstall and tick on Continue.
    5. Go after the on-screen instructions.

And finally you will get your solution. I have tried this and now it is completely uninstalled. So I will suggest you that you can also go for this answer.

I have tried your post to installing and updating the Windows Live Products. So that is why we require it to remove this manually from your computer. So that is why you have to send your Product Text file to help us further troubleshoot. I know only this much and you have to send your product key to the official website of the Microsoft but the thing is that I do not know how to get the Product.txt file. If anybody know regarding this so please post your reply.

So just get your product.txt file you have to follow these steps. So if you want your product text file so you have to follow these steps:
    1. First you tap on the start button.
    2. If you are using windows XP then click the run and type there Regedit and after that press the Enter button. And if you are using windows Vista or windows 7 then type Regedit in the Start Search box and then push Enter.
    3. After this tap on the [+] sign next to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.
    4. Then you just scroll down side and then tap on the [+] sign next to installer.
    5. After it tap on the product folder.
    6. Tap on the Export
    7. And in last you have to save your file with the extension of Product.txt and send it on the official web site of the Microsoft. I will check there and tell you perfect solution.

And ya here I want to tell you that we will not remove any type of the keys from the registry. In that we are only locate the ProductID for the Windows Live client which is installed on your system. And please use it correctly if you use it incorrectly so you may get in to the serious issue which may cause to reinstall your operating system.

I have also faced this similar issue. And regarding this I have searched on most of the website. In that I have also attempted to delete the windows live essentials for so many times using the control panel but all the time there is no any success related to it. And the solution which is given here I have tried that also but it is also not working accurately. So please could you help me related to this trouble.

I just want to know here that have you created any other post related to this subject. And if your answer is yes then just stick with the post that you created just for us only to able to track the behavior and troubleshooting ladder that we have carry out. On the other hand, if you have not, then please write us back with supplementary information on your subject like the error message and the steps to replicate the subject. I am an employee in the Microsoft company so you just send it there I will try to solve your issue.