Thread: Error 769 - VPN with port forwarding set for Client

Error 769 - VPN with port forwarding set for Client

For us it is so that two PCs in the office of several laptops (not simultaneously) can be accessed via VPN. We have a dyndns.org address and the router are the IP addresses of the PCs connected with two public ports (the port forwarding would be if I understood correctly), so the users of the laptops only one VPN connection must start to log on to one of the PCs. If I xxx.dyndns.org on the new laptop, the VPN connection with the host name known, a connection is established. I now hang the port (xxx.dyndns.org: 15554) so that they will go directly to the PC, I get the error 769th What I have forgotten in the body?
    Client OS: Windows XP Professional
    Server OS: Windows Server 2003
    Router: D-Link DI-804HV

Re: Error 769 - VPN with port forwarding set for Client

It would have been helpful if you told us once what would be the VPN protocol you use, and above all because WHAT is Port Forwarding registered in? With the superficial information from above can only be guessed in free fall ... if you last that's good. Advance can you say the same but have a port forwarding on port translation with the traditional VPN protocols like IPSec and PPTP or L2TP does not work, because these VPN protocols consist of several individual records associated with a singular port translation as it makes you never are covered: The Bottom Line: This is then 100% in the pants ... of course! It can, with only VPN protocols which only use a port such as SSL, OpenVPN, etc. There you can increase client and server on different ports to Forward to multiple VPN connections (servers) on the NAT firewall. Generally a pretty sick VPN approach, because something makes even usually centrally am (VPN) router or with a central VPN server! Sorry, but not what you write because you are using a VPN software and thus make it impossible for qualified help ...

Thanks for your answer. Here the missing info:

Entries in the router as a virtual server
    private IP address: 192.168.100.45
    Protocol type: TCP
    Private Port: 3389
    Public Port: 15554
    shared protocols for VPN: PPTP, IPSec (no other possible)
    In the client I selected PPTP, as this allows the connection without port section came off. Does so not with port, good to know. Then I have one of the so-called Protocols of you install on the client so that the port works translation. As far as I know, no special VPN software installed. It will only be used Windows own tools and routers. At least it appears so. Because nothing is documented, can not understand many things for me. What do you mean by "something makes even usually centrally am (VPN) router or with a central VPN server? How would that look?

Oha, oha .... on the settings from above because someone does not know what he is doing .... A virtual server in a router is an open barn door to the Internet. Safety-lethal, because the router forwarded there then all ports which it did not used. Consequently, everything is forced to join from the internet on this IP address. Thus exposed to this local machine completely in the Internet ... safety is an absurdity and overkill but then hopefully you know what you're doing.

A port translation as you describe above with port 15 554 is generally NOT supported in any way with PPTP, PPTP as two protocols namely TCP 1723 for authentication and encryption, and GRE (Generic Route Encapsulation) for the production data is made. Your config is a mess out completely, because you talk about doing but with the VPN port translation from above a very simple port forwarding for Windows Remote Desktop Protocol without a VPN. So this has to do with VPN absolutely nothing but contacted each of the DSL router public ip to the RDP client on port 15 554 lands on the internal computer with the IP 192.168.100.45. This should, of course, when accessing remote, the external public IP routers know or have installed a DynDNS client on the router.