Thread: Samba server windows 7

Samba server windows 7

I am experiencing an inquisitive tribulation. I have inaugurated a second Samba server on our network and I have comprised and imported the entire the users from the innovative in excess of, along by means of smb conf files, etc. the entire PC's are having right of entry together servers without an problem excluding for 1 Windows 7 64-bit OS apparatus. Mysteriously sufficient, the virtual pc on the Win7 box attach without a tribulations. To add an additional twist, the win7 box attach to the older Samba without the tribulation. When trying to browse to the innovative server I get. "Windows not be able to have right of entry \\NewServer" create sure the spelling of the name. Error Code 0x80070035 The network path was not originated. I need some suggestion related to this topic.

Re: Samba server windows 7

According to me the Samba is free of charge Software licensed beneath the GNU General Public License, the Samba project is an associate of the Software Freedom Conservancy. In view of the information in sequence with the intention of 1992, Samba has make available secure, stable and fast file and print services for the entire clients utilizing the SMB/CIFS protocol, such as the entire versions or descriptions of DOS and Windows, OS/2, Linux and numerous additional. The samba is an significant component to seamlessly amalgamate Linux/Unix Servers and Desktops into Active Directory environments utilizing the win bind daemon.

Not expectant much commencing this additional than I figured I would throw it out there to observe if anybody else has seen it. I have comprised a Windows 7 apparatus on my test network here whenever I endeavor to attach to a Linux based file server on the network it exterminate samba on the server. The steps go similar to this: Start -search programs.... \\server.domain.com or \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (IP address of server) -Windows 7 mot be able to locate server error (even if I run the repair). Instantaneously subsequently the samba service on the file server collides and is non-responsive to additional computers on the test network. My Vista apparatus do not encompass this issue. Anybody else had seen this if not then maintain your eyes open if you run into a comparable issue.

I in addition have these tribulations by means of the SMB servers on my Linux box, Mac and cheap NAS. This is actually created or break for me, if there's no attach, I am going to be sticking by means of XP, for the reason that it has no tribulations accessing apparatus working with additional OSes. They fixed in Vista so I am convinced with the intention of they determine to fix it in 7. Additional than yes I have encompassed the similar tribulations by means of MAC's and SMB. Well a week afterward and I am trying to attach to my Samba share and guess what no nice. No connectivity commencing the Windows 7 system, even though the XP virtual apparatus which is a guess OS inside 7 connects great.

The Samba is ok here the Windows 7 beta 32 bit and Ubuntu Linux 8.04 32 bit. Possibly it's an tribulations by means of a meticulous distro. I be able to have right of entry commencing XP and Windows 7, the Samba service does not collide. I remember hearing incredible on the Floss weekly podcast episode 14 regarding Microsoft altering incredible within its networking protocols to intentionally thwart interoperability by means of Samba.

I am capable to on one occasion the entire in excess of again attach to my Samba share via Windows 7 subsequent to shifting the accumulate credentials for the Samba share. In the Control Panel -> Credential manager. Yes the similar tribulation here. The homegroup obsession is a diminutive unintuitive. I read with the intention of you must encompass a 2008 server working with to generate a domain with the intention of sustains or maintains active directory for windows 7. I guess Microsoft is back to their unfriendly proprietary expedition for total control the entire in excess of again. I was in suspense with the intention of it would be a diminutive additional interoperable.