Thread: My Ralink RT3070 not responding

My Ralink RT3070 not responding

I have been reading the most of the forum sites and networking related sites to fix my issue. Actually I am looking to configure my Ralink RT3070 USB wireless card which does not have much access. Currently I am using the SliTaz downloaded image in a Dell D610 Laptop after it crashed with the windows XP a few weeks ago. The system is able to detect the wireless hardware and the drivers. But in this I have got this message:

802.11 n WLAN
    sh: rt3070sta-firmware: unknown operand
    ! Missing module: rt2870sta
    rt3070sta
    sed: unmatched ' / '

Hey I have also forgot to tell you that the Laptop has a PCI wireless card that I consider is active. If you can provide any help on this issue then it will be appreciated.
    Last edited by Grieg; 13-10-2010 at 09:40 AM.

Re: My Ralink RT3070 not responding

This is the same issue which my cousin has also faced this. He fixed his issue by getting some command from the any of forum site and he had tried tat. Now it is working properly. Can I know here that which of the command you have used here. So that I can help you regarding this in much better way.

In this I think may be the operating system is attempting to set up a plug in USB wireless card just before the PCI broadband card. And in this it gives the output like this:
    Code:
    lsusb | grep 802
    And please if you can then provide us a more information related to your issue so we can try to help you in a much enhanced way.

Do not worry I think I can solve this issue. Some months ago I was also a part of this issue. So I got the solution from the site and I just want to share it with you. I hope it works in the same way as it did in my case. You just go to the system tools then hardware detection and drivers, and there you just entered the root password and hit the enter key to discover the PCI/USB devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabastiaan View Post
    This is the same issue which my cousin has also faced this. He fixed his issue by getting some command from the any of forum site and he had tried tat. Now it is working properly. Can I know here that which of the command you have used here. So that I can help you regarding this in much better way.
    I am also facing the same issue and I have tried the solution which is given above but it is not able to fix my issue. And I have used the at lspci | grep – command and after that I get the “” 02 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Netxtreme BCM 5751 PCI Express 03: Network controller: Broadcom corp. BCM4318 (airforce One) Wireless Lan Controller 54g. And in these there ids no any single doubt that I have to disable the PCI adapter.

I have dell laptop and in that there is both the buttons are available i.e. on/off switches. And in this I think yours is little kind of old one. But I think if the switches are not there then it should be in the bios setting like enable/disable options will be there. So you just check it once I hope you will get that. And from there you can fix your issue.