Thread: ASA 5505 Dropping Connection

ASA 5505 Dropping Connection

Hi i am using the ASA 5505 modem for the internet connection of mine and using it from the last few months , The thing here is that initially when it was new it was use to give me a better performance but as now a days it is dropping down unnecessarily. Before it i was using the pix501 and had also the cisco TAC translate the configuration from that into a language readable by the ASA. And as that it was working fine but to reduce the connection i did use it lonely and it started giving me problems. Please help me in this case .

Re: ASA 5505 Dropping Connection

It seems to me that there is the down in your connection somewhere, so i would suggest you to just perform a connection test an that to a regular, because it seems to me that there is something wrong in your internet connection, and once you will do this test then it will tell you that where exactly the problem is and you can then fix it. Also perform a ping test whenever you will feel that your modem is dropping it will tel you whether the network is down or not.

I have gone through your problem and i can say that there is something wrong with your modem that are you using . The way to detect the fault is just perform a ping test whenever the ASA 5505 is down and see to it that whether the network is down or not. What ping test does is it tells you that the network is at its best or not if the network is fine than there is something wrong with the modem do replace it with any other and best one.

I was also facing the similar problem a few days back and also the one with the ASA 5505, I think that it has the reputation of going down same as in my case, But don't really consider that it is the fault of the modem it may also happen that there i the problem at the ISP side , so do one thing just contact the service providers of yours and place a complaint in front of them and i hope that they fix it up if there is the problem at their side.

I think that i have studied your problem in deep and it seems to me that it is due to the vpn IPSEC tunnel problem. This are the things that are responsible for the disconnection of the network, And i am sure that there is nothing wrong with your ASA 5505. In such cases what actually the ISP does that they blocks the internet connection for the specific IP only. This can be solve by just changing the browser.