Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Linksys wrt54g v8 router problem

Networking & Security

Old 10-10-2010

Linksys wrt54g v8 router problem

I have linksys wrt54g v8 wireless router which was working great with my system. But suddenly started creating problem and provide an error message as "no internet connection" yet I am able to work in network. Sometime it just doesn't identify the internet connection yet it is able to setup the basic network and that works, but doesn’t allow other type of the security etc because of such error message. I am not able to fix the cause which creating such problem.

Old 10-10-2010

Re: Linksys wrt54g v8 router problem

This can be because of your cable modem/DSL modem which you are using to connect may be damaged physically or not connected properly. It may be the basic thing which creating such problem while accessing internet using Linksys wrt54g v8 router. Make sure you fix such problems so that your don;t get this kind of problems again.
Old 10-10-2010

I think you can need to reset your router to the factory setting before going for another router reset in hard way with the button which is on back side by turning it ON press the button on back for long time and for not less than 20 seconds. Then plug back in and observe lights on front when light blink continuously that means router needs to be flashed with new firmware.
Old 10-10-2010

Thing that you can try is just download new firmware for your Linksys wrt54g v8 router this may resolve your problem which is creating error message such as "no internet connection". Other than this you can reset after resetting the router you can try to use the startup disk. which may resolve your router issue.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , ,