Thread: Why do I have to reset my wireless router every day?

Why do I have to reset my wireless router every day?

I am having a D-Link WBR-2310 Revision a router with the latest non-beta firmware 1.05 with WPA2 security applied. The problem I am facing is that every day I have reset my router i.e. I have to unplug and plug it again, all wireless devices (GF's laptop, PS3 etc.), don’t have wireless access. But there are strange thing that none of the devices seems disconnected, it's like none of the components can connect to the internet, DLNA server or any other device on my network.

Re: Why do I have to reset my wireless router every day?

I think you many be facing such problem because you are using lots of devices in the same internet connection which might be causing such kind of problem with your wireless router. As per my suggestion you should just remove some of the device which you don't want at particular moment from the network and see if there is any problem created then it will resolve the issue of your router reset.

I am also having this kind of problem with by wireless router which giving me hell because i have to unplug an again plug router cable to start with work on wireless devices. I am still finding way to resolve the issue but not able to find any solution if anyone have solution to resolve the router problem can please help me out to get out of it.

I was facing such problem with my wireless router which i have to reset every day to start work with wireless devices. I applied the solution provided above after which i just use require device that are needed at certain point of time. This help me to resolve the problem till certain extend but it is not that much feasible as you have to disconnect some device.

When still you are not able to resolve your router issue thing you can do at the end is just go for some other router, so that your problem get solved because you are getting frustrated from daily resetting for your wireless router. You have to invest some amount but it will be better to avoid your daily problem with current wireless router.

from a hardwired pc if you go into your routers settings click wireless settings then click apply it resets. I have to do it 2 to 3 times a day! I complain to my ISP they send me a new router which after 6 months starts dropping the wireless again! I have 6 routers in a drawer now. So it looks like its a netgear trait.

Hey,

1st - Make sure you have the latest firmware update.

2nd - Make sure the correct date and time is set on the router

You can access your routers configuration by typing 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 into your browser's address bar. If you can't get into your routers configuration, please consult the manual.

My apologies if you have already tried this.

smile Re: Why do I have to reset my wireless router every day?

thanks my router was set to california time zone so I will see what happens now. maybe that was the problem with all the others in my drawer lol