Thread: Linksys WRT54GS behind D-Link DSL-321B

Linksys WRT54GS behind D-Link DSL-321B

Subsequent to researching, endeavoring and failing, and the entire in excess of again, till I am busted and bruised, I am spinning to this enormous crowd for a number of assist. In a nutshell: I have comprised a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router at the back a D-Link DSL-321B ADSL2+ Ethernet modem. Every one functions separately, additional than not simultaneously. I have read countless threads on this site, and additional, additional than I immediately not be able to get these two components to play nicely-nice.

Re: Linksys WRT54GS behind D-Link DSL-321B

The DSL perceptibly runs, in view of the fact that you are reading this. If I attach my PC unswervingly to it's Ethernet port, I am capable to attach to the internet. The WRT runs on the LAN, and is assigning local IPs to the a variety of systems (1 Win XP Pro, wired; 1 Mac OSX, wireless) immediately extremely well. They be able to observe every additional within the LAN, ping and be pinged.

This is not an innovative router, and was running absolutely up until a week ago when I had to shift from Cable to DSL service. The cable how it's the entire physically associated Standard RJ-11 cable on or subsequent to wall to DSL Ethernet cable from DSL to WAN port on WRT (the entire cables encompass been tested and afaik are superior) Ethernet cable commencing LAN port on WRT to NIC (on-board) on PC (I have tried the entire ports, to create certain) So: DSL service -> DSL Modem -> Linksys Router -> Wired PC.

I power cycle the whole thing, modem on primary, then router, then system, coming up the appropriate time connecting every to permit for handshaking and cuddling, etc. When I get logged into OS, I jump to incurable and make sure ipconfig /the entire, and observe with the intention of the system has been assigned it's LAN address by the WRT, and it's gateway, DNS, etc. commencing the DSL. When I login to the WRT webadmin and create certain status, it demonstrates the entire of the information in sequence from the service provider: IP, masks, gateways, DNS', etc. It give the impression of being well, perfect.

On the together the DSL and WRT, the pointer LEDs are lit as they be supposed to be - Status, LAN, Power, Internet and Port X, etc. On the other hand, try as I might I not be able to have right of entry the outside world/WAN/internet. LAN is the entire superior and I be able to observe the WRT and together machines, the entire on LAN address under the WRT subnet (192.168.2.100...101...102).

I have endeavor things such as situation the WRT to clone the system MAC address, setting the correlation type on WRT to PPPoE by means of accurate login information in sequence (this immediately returns an error regarding not being handed an IP address), the entire to no avail. I have endeavor changing the settings on the DSL to something additional than PPPoE, such as Bridged and Static. Neither resolves the tribulations.

I had encompassed tried revolving off the DHCP on together components (merely one at a time, of course), even although they are on dissimilar subnets: no success. (I in addition tried it by means of them on the similar subnet, additional than dissimilar addresses. eg: 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2: no achievement) I have in addition endeavor plugging the DSL into a LAN port on the WRT, as an alternative of the WAN (by means of together DHCP on, and merely one on, and by means of dissimilar LAN IPs): no success. SIGH. I feel similar to I have tried the whole thing with the intention of I be able to think of, additional than I am obviously missing something here.