Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2010

iOS 4: VPN not workinh with IPSec?

I have a brand new Apple MACBOOK pro with the Exchange server 2007. Using the iOS 4, which is doing great with the 3GS. Having a VPN connection, with Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) framework in my machine, for protecting any communication in the Internet protocol. The problem is I found that the VPN is not working with the IPSec in my computer, it comes with an error message that is "The VPN server did not respond". I recently upgrade the software, but before that there is no problem like that with the VPN connection. Though I am using the same wireless network in the same credential. Is there anyone with any fix.
Old 08-10-2010

Re: iOS 4: VPN not workinh with IPSec?

I suggest you to check the setting with the VPN connection with the server, and then also check the iOS. If you found any problem in your iOS then reinstall it with a new version iOS. Then also check the firmware of the device with the version. Make sure that the VPN is properly setting with the wireless network. IP Sec protocol is also the may be an issue for the problem.
Old 08-10-2010

There is a configuration of VPN connection with the iOS 4:
1.L2TP/IPSec with the authentication by the MS-CHAPV2 Password,
2.Authenticate the machine with the SecurID or CryptoCard.
3.Also PPTP with the user authentication by the MS-CHAPV2 Password, by RSA SecurID, or CryptoCard.
4.Authenticate the IPSec password. VPN connection on demand in the device configuration.
5.In VPN the application store Juniper Junos Pulse and Cisco Any Connect are using very much.
Old 08-10-2010

On iOS 4 the secure access to private network will be supported by using the IPsec. The other protocols are Cisco SSL VPN, and PPTP, these are virtual network protocol. If your network supports all these protocols, then there is no need to add additional network configuration, in order to use the VPN network connection. One application is needed for the VPN connection from the Cisco or Juniper.
Old 08-10-2010

In the IPSec the authentication is needed by the certificate-based, at the industry standard. The token based authentication is used in the iOS 4 with the SecurID and CryptoCard. Enter the PIN number and which is token generated. It is used ones during the establishment of the VPN connection. VPN always recommends the configuration in the network. If you are using the Proxy auto-configuration, then make sure that the proxy setting is correct.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,