Thread: Why my wireless is asking validating identity

Why my wireless is asking validating identity

I am using a enhanced-G USB wireless adapter to connect to a desktop computer. Whenever I try to do that it shows me some message which says "Validating Identity". I have 26 digit WEP code for the gigabit-N router setup. I want to connect this computer without going down to a 10 or 11 digit code key but I don’t know that how can I do that. Please tell me the way to do that. Any help from any one on this forum will be appreciative. Thank you.

Re: Why my wireless is asking validating identity

I think that you have to update all the Windows XP software downloads. Remove the driver for the wireless device and download the latest driver from internet and install in on your computer. My wife was also having the same issue with her laptop and she did the same and now she is not getting the issue. You should also do that and I hope this will help you too.

You can use the Ethernet cable to connect the computer to the router. If that works then it is a wireless problem and there is more possibility that I it is a wireless security. You it does not help then try it again with wireless but this time you have to disable the router for wireless security.

All you have to do is just open the "Wireless Network Connection" from available wireless networks and now click on the "Change Advanced Settings" and after that you have to go to "Wireless Network Connection properties". Select the wireless network tab and click on properties and open the "Authentication" tab. There you have to uncheck the top box "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network". This will assume that you are not using the authentication at all. In most of the home wireless networks, authentication may not be uses.

I would also like to recommend you the same thing as it was posted before by Snake08 but in addition to that post if that is not working then you can try to add the network manually. When you are doing that manually then you should make sure that the key provided is automatically is unchecked. I hope this will help you.

If you want to fix this then you have to go to the properties page of the wireless connection. First of all go to the "Wireless Networks" tab and then open the properties of the wireless network to which you are trying to connect. After that you have to go to "authentification" tab and there you have to untick the box which says "Enable IEEE802.1x to the available network" and I am sure that it will solve the issue for you.

I was also getting the same issue before and was able to fix it after a long troubleshooting. What I did was just disable the adapter and after that I went to internet explorer > tools > internet options. There I selected the content tab and clicked on “clear ssl state". After that I enabled the adapter again and I found that it gets connected. You should also do that to fix the issue. I hope that it will work in your case and should connect then.